Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Understanding Earthing (Grounding).

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by Sicknote, May 2, 2013.

1. Sicknote

Sicknote Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Many people notice that they feel better when they walk barefoot on the Earth. Recent research has explained why this happens. Our immune systems function optimally when our bodies have an adequate supply of electrons, which are easily and naturally obtained by barefoot contact with the Earth. Research indicates that electrons from the Earth have anti-oxidant effects that can protect the body from inflammation and its many well-documented health consequences.

Link: http://www.earthinginstitute.net/statements/understanding_earthing.pdf

Below is the science behind it if people are interested. The studies can be found on the net.

Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease.

Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes.

Emotional stress, heart rate variability, grounding, and improved autonomic tone: Clinical applications.

Earthing the human organism influences bioelectrical processes.

Earthing the human body influences physiologic processes.

Pilot study on the effect of grounding on delayed onset muscle soreness.

Earthing: health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth's surface electrons.

The neuromodulative role of earthing.

The biologic effects of grounding the human body during sleep as measured by cortisol levels and subjective reporting of sleep, pain, and stress.

Grounding the human body to neutralize bioelectrical stress from static electricity and EMFs.

The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology.

The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground.

Earthing Grounding Barefoot. The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZkr0MNx_Q&feature=youtube_gdata

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  2. Anthony S

Anthony S Active Member

I was going to attempt to be polite, but I'm afraid I can't.

Never have I seen such ill thought out, Ill supported, irrational, illogical, bullsh1t. I'm amazed that anyone educated past high school could be so ignorant as to believe this guff.

An adequate supply of electrons?! What, they get used up?!

3. Sicknote:

You should probably earth yourself fully then by lying naked in the dirt since, obviously, your electron count (or something) seems to be severely deficient.:cool:

4. blinda

blinda MVP

Veg is good. Camberwell carrots are good for earthing, allegedly.

Chin, chin. :drinks

5. We all know there is only one electron in the universe, Kevin :rolleyes:: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe

Wheeler's hypothesis aside, all electrons are the same so it shouldn't matter whether you're getting your daily electron dose from the dirt under your feet or from the air anywhere else on your skin, man.

6. Just when things could not get more silly.

Along comes this

7. Speaking of grounding of electrical current, Benjamin Franklin, of American Revolutionary War fame, was one of the earliest experimenters in electricity. Not only did Franklin invent the lightning rod, which saved probably millions of dollars in property from lightning strikes and made Franklin an international celebrity, but he also coined a number of words still used, to this day, to describe the properties of electricity:

•battery
    •charge
    •condensor
    •conductor
    •plus
    •minus
    •positively
    •negatively
    •armature

Benjamin Franklin was a great inventor and is one of my favorite scientists from this era.

8. In the century following Franklin, I would vote for Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison as being the most important inventors in electricity in their eras.

9. Attached Files:

10. Bill Bird

Bill Bird Active Member

If I can't sleep at night, and that often happens, I go out and walk in my garden barefoot for 10 minutes. I then go back and sleep like a log. I don't care about the science or about anybodies stuck viewpoints, I just like a good night's sleep.

11. blinda

blinda MVP

Nice. Was introduced to Bon Scott at a tender age by my elder sister, who should have known better. She also taught me about the fractional electric charge found in quarks...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugLwXlpJi6o

12. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

I get the same effect with 10mg of Temazapam! Must effect my "electrons!" :eek:

13. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

Personally I find wine works well................

14. Both wine and beer positively affect my electron count in the evenings.....:drinks

15. Sicknote

Sicknote Active Member

Extreme earthing 'may' induce far greater benefits.

[​IMG]

16. Sicknote

Sicknote Active Member

Walking barefoot is great, but I bet picking the dog**** out from between your toes sucks.

17. Bill Bird

Bill Bird Active Member

Nice one Sicknote. You took it on the chin!!

18. Nic IM

Nic IM Welcome New Poster

Hello there, having read your post I thought this may interest you. Inner Mettle has developed a shoe/trainer, with a conductive sole, meaning it is like you are walking barefoot. It is called IM EarthConnect shoe. If you type Inner Mettle and the shoe name into google you can read more about how it works. And if you're interested you could sign up to the kickstarter campaign where the shoe is being launched in a few weeks.