Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Jury indicts podiatrist for threats

Discussion in 'USA' started by admin, Feb 5, 2005.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Jury indicts podiatrist for threats

Published in the Asbury Park Press 02/5/05
    By KAREN SUDOL

2. admin

Update

Podiatrist pleads guilty in assaults
    Full story from APP.com

3. admin

Podiatrist sentenced to 15 years for trying to shoot contractor

Podiatrist sentenced to 15 years for trying to shoot contractor

Full story from NewsDay.com

4. carlos9os

carlos9os Welcome New Poster

Podiatrist & Murder charge

Did this Podiatrist really live on 'Phalanx Rd'- how long did he look for an address like this ?

5. docgary

docgary Welcome New Poster

Mark Davis - sad case

Mark Davis was an unfortunate case....I know cause I was his associate.

At one time, Davis was an excellent podiatrist - Boarded in Surgery without a residency, excellent hands, cool as a cucumber when the ****-hit-the-fan - But greed along with poor impulse control, anger and testing the limits started his fall from grace.

We were students together in the late '80s - some socializing in the 90's - we lived 5 miles apart in southern NJ. I approached him with expanding his offices and we partnered up late 2003. He brought me up to speed regarding his criminal charges but, like always, he heard what he wanted to hear and disregarded advice from those that cared for him. Once he was indicted on multiple state felonies
    (attempted murder, conspiracy, weapons violations, drug poss, grand theft and 5 more felonies) he panicked. His paranoia convinced him all his friends were enemies and he estranged himself from everyone. I dont know what his plans were, but he started a massive billing campaign perhaps to get a nest egg and make a run for it. ( he had a wife and 3 young daughters- now divorced and estranged from his family)

He also put others in harms way - like ficticious billing in others names, billing surgeries that didnt take place -
    and threatening patients with bodily harm if they didnt pay their bill!

My relationship with Davis ended during a Plantar fasciotomy procedure. The patient was a 30+ female known to have low threshold for pain and quite apprehensive. Initial block should have been adequate (afterall, I did it myself!) but she complained of pain during the procedure. It was obvious to anyone that she needed some comforting and soothing. As she was calming down, Davis thru a tantrum - he screamed that she was crazy! That he was the best doctor in NJ and she was lucky just to be here! I grabbed him, tried to shut him up (we had 4 patients waiting within earshot) but he pushed me away and thru a scalpel almost stabbing an assistant!! I finished the procedure and made my decision to leave the practice.

Davis' end was just around the corner. The Feds charged him with a slew of things - medicare fraud, wire and mail fraud, threatening witnesses, and others. Because of all the threats, Davis was held without bail from March to September 2003. He accepted a plea on the federal charges of 5 years and 2 million dollar fine. Shortly after he accepted a plea on the state charges of 7-10 years AFTER the federal time was over. 12-15 years in total. After discharge, he will owe the federal govt $1,000,000 plus interest.The other million was satisfied upon sale of his home and other assets.

Unfortunately, he did everything to himself - Hopefully, he'll get the help he needs and upon release at age mid 50's, get to know his kids and family and deal with all that he lost.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  6. docgary

docgary Welcome New Poster

Actually, he lived off of Phalanx Road, but xcose enough