Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Facility billing code

Discussion in 'USA' started by FodeMD, Aug 4, 2009.

1. FodeMD

FodeMD Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all!!
    I'm brand new, so please bear with me if I ask stupid questions. Okay #1, I am a biller for a podiatry practice in SC. They do visits to senior centers, disabled centers, etc. While doing routine foot care, he also does exams and consults. I have tried to bill code 99304, but medicare has denied this, stating that only docs and/or nps can bill for such services. Is there another code that we can use that medicare will approve for exams at such facilities??? :confused:

2. drsarbes

drsarbes Well-Known Member

As far as I know, for Medicare, the EM includes routine care (and visa versa) - you're most likely not going to be able to receive $ for both. You can try to have the routine care, if not covered, done for cash and bill an EM for additional consultation for a different Dx.

If you are getting the message back from Medicare re: wrong provider, then you are probably not matching your Diagnosis codes with your treatment codes.

I don't do routine care, but I know it's the same for any treatments I do. If you have a charge for an EM and for an injection but only one Dx code then you are not going to get paid for the EM (might not ANYWAY!)

Steve

3. jane gabel

jane gabel Welcome New Poster

In our office on Long Island, NY we use 99307 with 25 modifier -

I bill first (example) say 735.4 Hammer toe, and 735.0. (hallus valgus) even on initial nursing facility visits we use the subsequent code 99307 with 25 ....submit

Then we go back and do the nail codes: 110.1 onychomycosis, 729.5 pain in limb, and 443.9 (pvd) with just the 11721..... submit

Jane: