Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

French feet better than English feet

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Admin2, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    English women have the worst feet

From the Gulf News

2. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

Fromage de Francais ou Angleterre

Dear All,
    i was wondering whether he has an opinion on the difference between :

L'odour Du Pied.

or trainer rot.

Do the english have good strong (ripe) stilton.

And the French

A suitable Minging rotting equivalent, but as with most things french the effect lasts far longer.

I was going to say Gorgonzola but cant remeber if this is French or not.

regards David

3. Felicity Prentice

Felicity Prentice Active Member

Merde. Weird article. Is the man a Podiatrist? Why does he choose Chiropractors to buff and polish nails? Qu'est-ce-que c'est le French mot pour 'having a lend of himself' (as we Aussies would say)?

Felicity

4. Iain Johnston

Iain Johnston Active Member

at what point do we diverge from all the years of training to become a Podiatrist, and start pampering our patients with cute words, creams and dreams, diverging from the essesence of what we do as serious proffesionals. This type of approach damages the image of our profession.

On the other hand, perhaps some of our patients, are not patients but people seeking to have their nails clipped and hard skin removed (even if there are underlying biomechanical pathologies that may at the moment be asymptomatic) but this is not their priority.

Our skill with the blade, and nail burr and moors disc, certainly comes close to what has been proposed, and this is what a lot of us do all the time. Add a little cream, mobilise the feet, gentle massage and Whooppee!! I'm a walking on Air!!.

So, as far as I can see, the fundamental difference is the nail buffing, and of course the Price.
    I am jealous of not being able to milk my Patient for £110 per session. Perhaps I can learn from this fellow.......

Iain

5. LHM

LHM Member

Honestly, I don't think you could pay me enough to consider buffing toe nails with Chamois leather every single working day, what a long week he must have!