Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

2 minute bunion op

Discussion in 'Foot Surgery' started by twirly, Apr 6, 2009.

1. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    A female patient brought this article into my clinic this morning. I would be interested on any feedback.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1167377/The-minute-Bunion-Beater-Posh-shoes-weeks.html

http://www.smarthealth.de/english/footinstitute.php?lang=e

Regards,

Mandy.

2. LuckyLisfranc

LuckyLisfranc Well-Known Member

Wow...if you were really efficient and running multiple theatres, you could bill more than 100,000 British pounds per hour. Sign me up for that continuing education course!

LL

3. drsarbes

drsarbes Well-Known Member

The entire article is full of misinformation.
    Typical, isn't it.
    Steve

4. Jose Antonio Teatino

Jose Antonio Teatino Well-Known Member

They reckoned colleagues:
    Is a shame for the professionals of the health, to have as the colleagues to immoral merchants.
    Where is the ethics and the uprightness?

Jose Antonio Teatino
    Professor of Surgery
    The Academy of Ambulatory Foot & Ankle Surgery

5. drsarbes

drsarbes Well-Known Member

Dr. Teatino:

Perhaps the Doctor in question should be given the benefit of the doubt. My guess is that the "journalist" who wrote this piece is most likely to blame for most of the inaccuracies. I would be surprised if the surgeon in question ever stated that he can do a bunionectomy in two minutes!

Perhaps he was talking about sex?

Steve

6. Jose Antonio Teatino

It reckoned Steve Arbes:
    Perhaps they spoke of sex.
    Now I understand it to finish in two minutes.
    Perhaps prefer to continue doing it of a traditional form (well done. ..)
    Attentively:

Jose Antonio Teatino
    Professor of Surgery

7. MR NAKE

MR NAKE Active Member

bunion surgery will never take two minutes no way, the fastest i have seen is plus/minus 15 minutes and thats scarf akin....probably keller's for the most experienced ones

8. Jose Antonio Teatino

It reckoned Mr. Nake:
    The best Podiatrist Spanish traditional surgeon (Dr. Valero) he delays seven minutes in practicing a Keller.
    Never I witnessed equal nothing.
    I do not think that be possible to finish in two minutes, neither doing it badly.
    To be able to do it badly, also its time is needed...
    Cordial greetings:

Jose Antonio Teatino
    Professor of Surgery

9. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

It could be done in 2 seconds ....... but it would hurt a tad and the paperwork/legal proceedings would take years!

10. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Circular saw Mark? :butcher: (I know that's an axe. Craig hasn't provided power tools as yet. ;)

11. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

Goodaye Twirly, twas an axe (in the vision).
    One of the 30 odd jobs I had, between dropping out of unis and finally finding PODIATRY, was as a mechanics assistant. I would often be sent to literally fetch the sledge-hammer when he called (from underneath a car) "FINE ADJUSTMENT TOOL!" Actually it was easily the most entertaining of the jobs I've had as the Aussie mechanic had a very crude sense of humour whilst the proprietor, an Englishman who had survived 2 torpedoings? (merchant navy WWII) was sharp and witty. They spent most of the day having gos at each other with me in the middle piddling in my overalls. Good memories!, all the best, mark

12. Dieter Fellner

Dieter Fellner Well-Known Member

A good article, for marketing MIS - this procedure will not stand the test of time, shoes and patient expectations.

13. rnunes

rnunes Welcome New Poster

It seems that some people simple doesn't want to understand that foot surgery must be done with the greatest precision and care.
    A case wich demands multiple osteotomies to be done and properly stabilised can easily take an hour. So what?

14. MR NAKE

MR NAKE Active Member

:butcher:and :boxing: will happen i guess, ha ha ha lol, needless to mention it will be a case of ......:deadhorse:

15. Those who do not understand history are doomed to repeat it. The USA Podiatrists went through this minimal incision surgery debacle over 20 years ago. It was a sham then and it is a sham today

16. charlie70

charlie70 Active Member

I must say, I'm not sure why doing a procedure quickly would be a sign of doing it well?? I'd rather some care & time was taken on a surgical procedure, wouldn't you?