Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

UK Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camps; London & Manchester; Nov 2010

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Craig Payne, Jun 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Attached Files:

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    For those who are undecided about this, here is some of the feedback from previous ones posted in other threads (and they keep getting improved based on feedback!)

"Seriously, I had so many "but of course!" moments whilst attending the boot camp, I too would be "surprised if you don't learn anything new that can't be applied clinically." This is, of course, due to Craigs willingness to openly question his own, and others, past and current ideas. The general consensus was that the excitement of developing new thoughts and applying them in practice is quite contagious!" Belinda

"I had high expectations from the man himself and he certainly did not dissappoint! A very enjoyable and informative two days!" Robert

"Great 2 days thanks Craig for giving me SUCH a headache" Derek

"a great 2 days, in which you leave knowing less than when you arrived. . . but in a good way" Ian

"...and worth every minute. I have just been editing the Sydney event for PORTAL and Craig I think I am learning more from watching it over and over...it never gets old. I can honestly say BootCamp is simply one of those events where I walk away everytime and use it in clinic the next day! The more I watch, the more I learn and apply....should be compulsory viewing for any health professional working with the lower extremity." Paul

"Not only did I reaffirm previous knowledge and learn some new things but I also developed greater pride in Podiatry as a profession" Danii

"Many Thanks Craig Fantastic Seminar...how do you remember all that stuff...right now where did I put that flow chart" Anon

"certainly a thought provoking two days" Nikki

" the content of Craigs presentations was amazing and thought provoking and I now have a new enthusiasm for bmx" Wendy

One of the things which was so refreshing and original about this course is Craig's attitude to the science. Here is a Podiatrist who in spite of his obviously VAST knowledge (and experiance) is very clearly still challenging his own thinking and developing his own ideas. Somebody who is quite comfortable to say "I used to think that, I don't any more!" Robert

"I must say, I have been to several Boot Camps as a registrant, I was there when this was filmed and I was there when it was edited - I would say next to Craig I have seen more of Boot Camp than anyone else....and it never gets old.
    No matter how many times I go or watch it I learn something every single time.
    I can't say this about many educational events around the world!
    Congrats Craig..... " Paul

"This was the first lecture of biomechancis that I ENJOYED!!!! Some of the stuff I must admit flew over my head but the rest was fairly easy to grasp!!
    It must be noted that most it made a lot more sense and I finally understand WHY and HOW important it is to get an orthotic device right and I know which BUTTONS to push or PALPATE!!!!
    Really sad that not all the students could be there, this is a lesson well missed!!
    WISH I CRAIG PAYNE ON SPEED DIAL!!!!!!
    My mind has most cerntainly changed concerning biomechanics, from being scared to I CAN TEST IT AND ITS FUN!!!!!" Erin

"The South African Podiatry Association has just enjoyed one of Craig Payne's Biomechanics Boot Camps! Formin the major part of ou Biennial Congress, we had2 days of mind-bending information and interaction. Including that ever elusive component of much of what we do - EVIDENCE.
    As an older practitioner, I found it really challenging, but to my surprise, this morning, I was down on my knees checking Supination Resistance; STJ transverse position; testing the Windlass mechanism; calculating the Foot Posture Index etc. etc. driving my new biomechanics GTi.
    But you know what? It works! I think Craig has possibly found a treatment for the intellectual constipation that we often suffer from in private practice.
    To be able to look with a different thought paradigm is really stimulating. I understand that the students are a bit phased, but then that should be what the modern student experiences occasionally.
    There is no doubt that whatever your level of podiatric biomechanical expertise the Boot Camp is a must do." Andrew

"I thoroughly enjoyed it- it's great to go back to basics, do some revision and incorporate some of the more recent theories into practice!" Brad

“My head was practically exploding ("in a good way!") on the drive home” Via email

"Life changing" (I forgot who said that to me!)

"... many thanks for an excellent weekend – but not for the few restless nights when I could do nothing other than dream of bloody feet, knees, turning moment diagrams etc etc!! DL, via email

3. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Hi Craig

Great news

Just to let you know that on the website, the dates for Manchester when you go the purchasing/buy now section are down as 21&20 November, instead of 21&22 November

Regards,

Robin

4. sam_wallwork

sam_wallwork Active Member

Hi Craig,

Is it the same as last years or are you covering different topics?

Thanks

Sam

5. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Its been a long day ... fixed it thanks
    The same but different....everything continues to evolve; new content is added all the time, new research is added and some dated stuff is removed; current content is refined. At lot of it is the same, but i get better at explaining it and add new resarch and ideas to the old stuff; so the format is the same for the two days. After every Boot Camp I review the content and look for areas to develop - I especially look for way to better explain some things. ... and of course I try and find some new jokes to tell each time.

I am a little relunctant to encourage those that have been previously to attend again as I do not want them to be disappointed. Having said that there are about a dozen people who have been to a second one within 12-18 months of going previously and I always seek them out to ask if it was worth it. Without a doubt they say it was. They missed some things the first time round, the picked up on some of the new stuff added. I know one person who has been to four and she still takes copious amounts of notes and always tells me that despite a large part of it being the same, she still gets value from it!

Paul Bowles who has been to 2 and filmed the Sydney Boot Camp for Portal Education had this to say as he went through the video in detail to edit the recording:
    He did not get bored with seeing it multiple times.

I also know that if I do not keep it fresh and current and evolving, people will not attend.

6. sam_wallwork

sam_wallwork Active Member

Thanks Craig,

I will be looking into attending again

hopefully see you in Manchester

Sam

7. Griff

Griff Moderator

Just booked my place for London. Looking forward to my 2nd boot camp.

Ian

8. Eric Parker

Eric Parker Member

Hi Craig
    No thoughts of coming North of the border into Scotland again?

Eric

9. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    That will have to be next yr. I just have huge troubles fitting it in with so much going on and being away so much.......I almost made the fatal error of organising these ones a week earlier .... on the Arena'ette's birthday!!

10. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

For the London one, I will struggle to get there before 9 30 as the earliest flight that morning is 6 45 arriving into Gatwick at 8 30 - minimum 1 hour's travel to Heathrow. Will this be a problem Craig? I don't want to disturb everything by walking in after it has started in earnest.

Robin

11. I'm going to try to make London this year.

12. blinda

blinda MVP

Me too....but ONLY if Craig promises to check his car tyres first ;)

Cheers,
    Bel

13. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Hi Craig

I'm booked in now, just need to get a room. See you there.

Ian

14. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Is there usually a bit of a course social? If so, then I will stay on site but if not I will go visiting folks in the area.

Robin

15. fatboy

fatboy Active Member

I would love to be there, but my wife thinks i should be at the birth of our second child instead!

I'm hoping fatboy version 3.0 will be early...

failing that any plans for 2011?

16. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Yes .... but no idea when.

17. JackieSmith

JackieSmith Member

Doh - I've been eagerly anticipating these dates for ages, but I'm flying back into Heathrow airport on the Friday afternoon from my wedding/honeymoon (in Australia somewhat ironically). Is it possible to attend on the Saturday only? Jetlag/ash clouds etc permitting?

Cheers,

jackie :D

18. You could always postpone your wedding Jackie. :D

19. JackieSmith

JackieSmith Member

hmm flights are booked unfortunately (mind you nothing else is yet so not tooo late ;)).
    maybe someone could video and stream it live to Singapore Airlines in-flight telly :D

20. James Welch

James Welch Active Member

All paid up and looking forward to my first Bootcamp in London - it come's highly recommended! :drinks

21. Davey

Davey Member

Hi craig I notice on your website that the Belfast is gone from your upcoming dates, is there any thought of doing a boot camp in Belfast as I know there is some interest.

Cheers
    David

22. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    For those missed that we got a flat tyre on the drive out of London last time in a storm and it was a very sophisticated way of actually removing the tyre ... took me a while to work it out in the pooring rain
    I will reply to your email, but yes it is possible. The 2nd day builds on the first and I always thought that this may be a problem for those who only come for the 2nd day. But a number of people who have just done the second day all thought it was worth it.
    The problem this year has come down to time to fit it all in. Ireland will be on next yrs trip now.

23. Nilsen

Nilsen Active Member

see you in london!

24. g'day, i just wanted a check on the venue, i have called Holiday inn twice now...just to get booked into the right hotel, ie; a zombies crawl back to my room ,but after being bounced from one desk to another...no record of 'boot camp'. Corner of Sipson Way and Bath road is the right Holiday Inn right? Not London Minnesota..or The London Hotel in Sydney mmmm.
    thanks for any help

25. Griff

Griff Moderator

Yep - Sipson way/Bath Rd is the right one

26. many thanks mate.

27. LondonPod

LondonPod Active Member

I'm booked. Looking forward to it Craig!

28. JulieR

JulieR Welcome New Poster

Hi Craig

I have recently qualified as a Podiatrist and I am completing my honours year.

I love the sound of a biomechanics boot camp as I feel that biomechanics is not my strong point but I do enjoy it. Do you think this course would be suitable for me or do you think this course is designed for Pods with a bit more experience in biomechanics?

Regards

29. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    The feedback that I get is that it does not seem to matter what level of experience people have, its worth it. BUT, perhaps some others wo have been can comment.

30. sophie3131

sophie3131 Welcome New Poster

Hi,
    I know someone has already asked this but is the venue definitely Holiday Inn, Heathrow, Bath Rd, Corner of Sipson Way, UB7 0DP? I want to book a room but the hotel has no record of this conference booking- it's a bit worrying!

31. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    I am on to it...

32. Griff

Griff Moderator

Yep that's definately the one. (Well its where it was last time anyway, and it's where I've already booked a room for this one too).

33. harmonknee

harmonknee Welcome New Poster

Does this course routinely book out? I am trying to arrange some leave to attend.

34. podpaul

podpaul Active Member

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the venue for the London boot camp in Nov. Is it definately Holiday Inn, Heathrow, Bath Rd, Corner of Sipson Way, UB7 0DP? I'm trying to book a room and have phoned all three Holiday Inns at Heathrow and none of them have any conference bookings for these dates.

Any advice would be most welcome!!

Thanks.

35. SnowPod

SnowPod Member

Yep that's the hotel. Conference is booked under Craig Payne. There's tons of rooms left, we've just booked a load.

Craig, I noticed there's no mention of evening festivities on the Boot Camp flyer.... will we be on the verge of brain explosion & be begging for a curfu or wanting to study gait abnormalities after a few pints??

36. Nilsen

Nilsen Active Member

Hi All.
    The hotel still has no record of a booking for "biomechanics bootcamp", "craig payne" or "podiatry arena" . Worth chasing up by the organisers?

a bit worrying i deed!

37. Griff

Griff Moderator

Nilsen,

It's a very big hotel. It will depend who you speak to when you ring up as to what response you get. Relax... the conference is definately there.

Ian

38. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    I raised it with the hotel and got this response:

39. podchild

podchild Member

Hi guys.

What time will the Boot Camp start on Friday? Will be travelling from the other side of London so need to plan my journey.

Looking forward to being there:D

Steve

40. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles: