Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

`Verrucae Needling` One Day Course

Discussion in 'Conferences' started by blinda, Nov 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. blinda

blinda MVP

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    So, it would appear that our duet went down rather well.

As such, Ian and I will be running a more `in-depth`& `hands-on` needling course day on 7th March 2015. Places really are limited to 25 (unlike the conference workshop; sardines `n all that). Flyer attached;

Attached Files:

2. Good luck with your courses, Bel. It's so good to see this effective and relatively simple verrucae treatment technique become more popular.:drinks

3. Paul Baalham

Paul Baalham Member

I have filled out the application form and will be in the post first thing in the morning.

4. Have never felt so discriminated and excluded before in all my life. Gutted.

5. blinda

blinda MVP

Good point, well made, Sir. Problem is the only documentation that recent-ish grads have for `proof` of LA licence is the small HCPC certificate, which states their local anaesthetics annotation. I have previously contacted the Society for clarification of whether one has to be `on the register` to use our earned qualification, but sadly have not received a definitive reply, yet.

But you can come as my special guest. Wish I was special.

6. Oh, you're very speshal alright, no doubt there, Mademoiselle. Society; Definitive; Clarification. You should get an award for fitting these three in the same sentence. Have you been drinking?

7. blinda

blinda MVP

22 attendees already confirmed..... Just 3 places left!

8. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Active Member

Im IN! BACS making its merry way across today!!

REALLY looking forward to it.

Thanks Bel.

Cheers
    Linda Russell

9. blinda

blinda MVP

Forget what I said about numbers; we`ve had such an overwhelming response to this course that we have decided to hire a larger room!

I`ve attached the revised version, which also includes Ians`contact email.

Oh, and half price for students ;)

Attached Files:

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Active Member

Bugger, missed you at conference as I couldn't get a place and now I'm away on honeymoon when you are running this one! Good luck with it :)

11. blinda

blinda MVP

Don`t worry, needling hasn`t changed since you last visited...Congrats on the forthcoming nuptials, Paul:drinks

Cheers,
    Bel

12. citychiropody

citychiropody Member

hi Belinda
    cheque in the post this morning

13. citychiropody

citychiropody Member

ps im Andrew Gladstone !

14. Ian Reilly

Ian Reilly Active Member

We have booked a bigger venue so we can take more delegates. Nice to be popular! Ian

15. Hullsoul

Hullsoul Welcome New Poster

Hi Ian, where is this new venue?

16. Hullsoul

Hullsoul Welcome New Poster

Sorry Ian just seen the previous attachment

17. Julie Mackey

Julie Mackey Welcome New Poster

Hi Ian and Belinda,

Just seen your post re dry needling course and would love to come. Is it still at Northampton General hospital and are there any spaces left?

Kind regards,
    Julie Mackey

18. blinda

blinda MVP

Initial feedback is very positive, with some helpful suggestions for improvement - which is very much appreciated!

We`re planning on running a course `Down South` and would like to hear how many would be interested so we can gauge numbers for a suitable venue. Please PM/email me, (or just post here!) to register your interest.

It will most likely be held on Sat 19th September 2015.

Cheers,
    Bel

19. blinda

blinda MVP

Due to the great feedback that Ian Reilly and I received from our last `Needling & LA technique` workshop, I have downloaded details of our next one (Belfast is now fully booked) in Southampton, on Sat 19th September 2015. Joining instructions are on the flyer.

Cheers, Bel :drinks

Attached Files:

20. fabio.alberzoni

fabio.alberzoni Active Member

thanks!!

21. fabio.alberzoni

It's a long time I would like to learn sonething more about it!
    first time I read about this was Kirby response in a wart thread...

22. Yes, that, I believe, is when this whole thing started...good to see Bel sharing her knowledge with others...very satisfying for me!:drinks

23. blinda

blinda MVP

Be good to see you again, Fabio. Maybe you will have the opportunity to buy me that beer after all ;)

24. fabio.alberzoni

ahahahah I have to!

25. ysharman

ysharman Member

How did I miss this??? Is there going to be another course?
    Thanks Yvonne

26. blinda

blinda MVP

Yes, see post #19. The next one is in Southampton on Sat 19th September 2015.

Cheers,
    Bel

27. blinda

blinda MVP

Doogle has identified an error in the original flyer for the Southampton one day course on 19th September...apologies, here is the flyer with the correct banking details;

Attached Files:

28. Looks like a great course, Bel. I would think that all UK practitioners who aren't already familiar with this technique should attend your course since verrucae needling, undoubtedly, will become the standard of care for verrucae treatment in the future.

29. jos

jos Active Member

I know this is far off, but I hope to be in the UK middle of July 2016-any chance there may be a course then? Or will it come to Oz sometime?

30. blinda

blinda MVP

Far off? Not if you, or an affiliated group, paid expenses ;)

Reilly and I don`t have this course planned for next year (yet), and July/August months aint great due to the majority of UK practitioners taking their annual leave over those months. But, if you`re in the UK, look me up and you can spend a day or two with me, observing needling etc if you like.

Cheers,
    Bel

31. blinda

blinda MVP

Another one. Due to the demand further North...Edinburgh that is. Taking bookings for 7th November 2015 now;

Attached Files:

32. GMiller

GMiller Member

Hi Belinda, Do you have any more courses coming up this year at all other than the Edinburgh one? (After mid-october)

33. blinda

blinda MVP

Hello GMiller,

The only CPD days Ian and I have arranged for the remainder of this year are;

• Saturday 19th September, Southampton
    • Saturday 7th November, Edinburgh

We have been invited back to the SCP`s conference in Harrogate this year to do our taster presentation. However, this is not a formal training session, so certificates will not be issued.

That said, if you can gather enough interest, we would certainly consider coming to a venue near you!

Cheers,
    Bel

34. blinda

blinda MVP

In addition to the Edinburgh CPD day, 2 more dates and venues have now been confirmed;

• Saturday 7th November 2015, Edinburgh
    • Sunday 24th January 2016, Cardiff
    • Saturday 20th February 2016, Buckinghamshire
    Cheers,
    Bel

Attached Files:

35. blinda

blinda MVP

Following our comeback gig at Harrogate, here is the requested `bump` to this thread.

Great weekend :drinks

Cheers,
    Bel

36. Ian

Mild OCD :D

37. blinda

blinda MVP

As the man says, "obsessive in short bursts due to his ADHD".

38. blinda

blinda MVP

Here we are, stunned (or something) that so many people were prepared to stay for the last lecture of a 3 day conf.

[​IMG]

39. Ian Reilly

Ian Reilly Active Member

Whats going on with that fella's legs? He looks like he has the legs of a goat... a bit like Satan!

40. blinda

blinda MVP

Explains a lot.