Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

seeking information

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tmdexter, Oct 13, 2008.

1. tmdexter

tmdexter Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all :D

I am a second year student of Podiatry seeking information for a presentation i would like to give, on the role of the podiatrists in the care of the homeless, any information would be of great use.

Regards Tracy (student pod)

2. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hi Tracy,

:welcome: to Podiatry Arena.

Have you decided if your presentation is covering one specific country eg. England, or are you fact finding about the provision of Podiatry to the homeless globally?

I Googled & found lots of information:

http://sanixhu.blogspot.com/2007/11/homeless-people-placement-hastings.html

(lots more information available). I Googled: 'Podiatry for the homeless.'

I believe Crisis at Christmas run an annual event including Podiatry. It may be worth contacting them directly for more information.

There is a contact no. on their web site: http://www.crisis.org.uk/

Regards,

Mandy

3. tmdexter

Hi Mandy

Thank you for the websites they are of great help, on my travels i also found a magazine called The Pavement which has a regular feature written by a Podiatrists and is extremely informative.

I had decided to focus the presentation specifically in the UK, however, i think the examiners might want to see that i have looked at the bigger picture, as homelessness is global not just specific to the UK. I also wanted to discuss the importance of screening and engagement if i have time as the presentation is only 10mins, thank god, as i have never given a presentation before (AAAAHHH) will need breathing techniques and alcohol to get me through.

Thanks Mandy

Tracy

4. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

You might want to check the threads we have here on the topic of homeless

5. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hi again Tracy,

Top tip: Remain calm, those you are presenting to want you to do well. Practise before on family & friends (my family & friends know every presentation I have ever done off by heart) :D
    Pick some friendly faces around the room and use them to give you a confidence boost.

A few deep breaths & no alcohol ( a clear head will give you confidence). All the very best. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Mandy

6. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi, just remember you will know your subject better than MOST if not ALL athe people present.:D
    So relax and enjoy sharing a topic you know well and are passionate about;)
    Forget the alcohol or they may mistake you for one of the homeless:dizzy:

Good Luck.

7. tmdexter

Great presentation tips, and the alcohol has been replaced with my good friend chocolate, as i want to be able to communicate, and have a clear head.

Thanks once again for the websites.

Tracy

8. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT!
    AGAiN GOOD LUCK.

Cheers