Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Barefoot Science Therapeutic Insoles?

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by gaz_marshall, Aug 8, 2014.

1. gaz_marshall

gaz_marshall Member

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Re: Barefoot Science Theraputic Insoles?

They are no better than snake oil and pseudoscientific woo. They make stuff up and lie on their website. It is amazing how gullible people are to fall for it.

There is nothing "barefoot" about them and there is no "science"

The barefoot fan boys like them and if you check some forums they discuss them excitably as they compare what 'level' they are at ... they don't seem to realize that they are just foot orthotics with really big more proximal met domes!

That does not mean that they do not have some therapeutic benefit and I did propose an alternative mechanism by which some would be helped by them on my blog: ‘Barefoot Science’ Insoles .... notice the tweet I copied that promised all this actual research from them .... it still has not appeared after over 18 months of the promise....go figure

There have also been two previous threads on this:
    Barefoot Science
    Barefoot Science Foot Strengthening System

3. gaz_marshall

gaz_marshall Member

Thanks Craig!

As I thought.

When are you coming to the UK to run your boot camps?

Gareth