Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Warty Eczema perhaps

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by David Smith, Jul 15, 2014.

1. David Smith

David Smith Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all (Especially Bel)

I have a young female patient 19yrs old who has had this (pics below) warty type skin lesion for several yeras and GP and dermotologist treatments have not resolved it i.e. emolient and steroid creams.

I have been treating as warts using cryo and occlusal (salycilic acid 23% home use) but it has not resolved, although there was a more typical red scaley eczema rash on the dorsum that has resolved.

I'm trying a Nano silver / ceramide cream now but can anyone identify the skin condition and give any advise on effective treatment.

Cheers Dave

The first pic is normal view and looks like warts but the second a 400 magnification does not resemble wart I think, just scaley plaques.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blinda

blinda MVP

Hi Dave,

Great pics, esp the magnified one.

A little more history wouldn't go amiss...but I agree; the straie doesn't appear to have the HPV interference..

What was the dermatologists dx? Is the lesion puritic? Does the pt take any meds? Any similar lesion/rashes elsewhere on the body or a white streaky tongue? Could be LP.

It doesn't look malignant so you might struggle to arrange biopsy, but that's the only way for definitive DX.

http://www.dermis.net/dermisroot/en/32967/image.htm
    http://www.dermrounds.com/photo/lic...ions?context=album&albumId=1980062:Album:7513

I'll have a look through The Docs book tomorrorow...

3. Greg Fyfe

Greg Fyfe Active Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  4. David Smith

Cheers Bel good stuff

5. David Smith

Greg

The PEODDN looks very similar and the description fits plus she has had Eczema since childhood

Update of med Hist

She has had small areas of eczema since childhood, which is sometimes pustular, she has IBS.

cheers Dave