Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Fnl Hallux Limitus-?etiology

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by mahtay2000, Nov 22, 2006.

1. mahtay2000

mahtay2000 Banya Bagus Makan Man

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,

I notice Craig's favorite thing is Functional Hallux Limitus.

a. Any links to explain his thinking?

b. Do tight long flexor muscles have any input to etiology? (Intrinsics also?)

I have a pt with HUUUUUUUUUGE medial 1st IPJ callus. The only time the hallux is limited is when the ankle joint is in dorsiflexion, and that is a noticable equinus.

She only comes in for routine treatment, so sorry for the dearth of info ie angles etc.

Any ideas/input/wild geese chases would be appreciated

Cheers
    Mahtay

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Whatever gave you that impression? Its not in my favourite 2 things at the moment ;)

3. LuckyLisfranc

LuckyLisfranc Well-Known Member

You just havent changed enough nappies yet! :p

Hope you're enjoying the ride, my 2nd is due immenently. :eek:

LL

4. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member