Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Eastbourne pier up in smoke

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by blinda, Jul 30, 2014.

1. blinda

blinda MVP

2. J.R. Dobbs

J.R. Dobbs Active Member

Re: Eastbourne pier up in shmoke

Sad indeed.

3. Griff

Griff Moderator

I didn't study at Brighton, but had a craaazy night in Atlantis some years back...

4. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

5. efuller

efuller MVP

Fishing?

6. blinda

blinda MVP

Eastbourne was my home town and the Roxy (now known as the Atlantis by the young whippersnappers of today) was the nightclub on the end of the pier. Much of my missspent youth was enjoyed there on Thursdays - ladies night (obviously those under the pier didn't qualify as such) and Fridays - half priced brandy and babycham (obviously, my taste in tipple has improved since then. I think).

7. Re: Eastbourne pier up in shmoke

In my second year I worked in the tea shop that was in front of the Roxy, at the end of the pier. I think it was called something like "Millies Pantry". I never really liked the Roxy, but the Pevensey Road crew used to go to the pub upstairs in the section that got burned down, it was called the "Balloon Factory"- they used to do a happy-hour with cheap drinks. My lasting memory is of Jim McKenna throwing Martin Turns' crutches over the side of the pier. Turns had previously been run over on his birthday after a heavy session watching the 5 Nations and had suffered a fractured pelvis- how we laughed watching him trying to walk off the pier that night; then I think we carried him home- we weren't complete bastards.

8. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

Eastbourne Pier

Eastbourne Pier is a seaside pleasure pier in Eastbourne, East Sussex, on the south coast of England.

9. blinda

blinda MVP

[​IMG]

I was sent this from a 3rd year student from Brighton. Quite stunning, actually.