Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Rampant pseudoscience & the ever-gullible athlete market

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Craig Payne, Jan 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I was alerted to this story by a tweet from @ScienceofSport:
    from Sports Illustrated:
    The zany story of two self ordained sports science entrepreneurs
    They then went on to use the applied kinesiology party trick ...
    Full story

...we already know how gullible the athlete market is and what they fall for ... how many more examples can we recall? :bang:

2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. Dr. Steven King

Dr. Steven King Well-Known Member

4. Tried.
    Didn't find much science.
    Interesting patent though.

5. Dr. Steven King

Mahalo Robert,

Thank you for reviewing our patent.

I appologize for the lack of percieved science.

I will have to ask Dr. Benno Nigg to put more science into our next Department of Defense final report for you. Perhaps 91 pages of physics, biomechanics, and composite engineering was not enough for you.

A Hui Hou,
    Steve

6. That being the one on puncture resistance?

Not a major problem for my patients.... I can count the number of problems I've had with punctured orthoses on the fingers of one head!

7. Dr. Steven King

Aloha Robert,

How much in workers compensation claims will a puncture wound cost a construction company for a diabetic worker who steps on a nail that results in a nasty assending MRSA infection and Below Kneee amputation??

What are you doing to best to protect your patients from foot trauma?

More Foam, Plastic, and Rubber?

Why not utilize the advantages advanced composites in our footwear?

Mahalo,
    Steve

Voting Member ASTM F13 Footwear and Safety Committee

8. terigreen

terigreen Active Member

Kinesiology tape using the Neuro structural technique is the latest craze hitting the chiropractic and physical therapy community. Not sure if it works, but our company is sure having a lot of demand for it by athletes.
    Teri
    Atlas Biomechanics

9. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

Couldn't help but think anything assending has got to be very bad...and permanent! :D