Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Posteror tibial tendon dysfunction advice

Discussion in 'Foot Surgery' started by suresh, Aug 21, 2009.

1. suresh

suresh Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    hi,

I am having a 35 yrs old female patient with pain over the medial aspect the right foot for 2 yrs duration.

I saw her last week and she took all kind of analgesics, CT foot done (normal ).

clinically she has swelling middle of the medial arch , not warm, no tenderness
    over the swelling. but she has more tenderness over the navicular region, along the course of tib.posterior tendon.

more pain during walking and inversion. no rest and night pain.

USG foot shows signal intensity changes in tibialis posterior tendon with minimal fluid collection in tendon sheath. we don't have podiatrist in our place

I came to know about this condition through podiatry arena only.

how do I proceed. conservative /surgery.

suggestion

suresh

Attached Files:

• pod.jpg
      pod.jpg
      File size:
      62.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member