Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry in Greece

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Podigiatrio14, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Podigiatrio14

Podigiatrio14 Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi,

My name is Jamie and I am graduating from an American podiatry school in April 2014. In 2012 I married into a Greek family and every year since I have visited the beautiful country of Greece. My husband does have his Greek citizenship and much of his family lives in Greece. We are very interested in moving to Greece. I am in the top 5% of my class and my next step is to attend a surgical residency program. I was wondering if it is possible for an American podiatrist to practice in Greece and if so what steps I would need to take. I assume completing an American residency would be necessary, correct? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated as during my visits to Greece I noticed a lack of podiatric knowledge amongst the population.

Thank you!

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    We have a number of members from Greece who may respond, but you could contact:

Hellenic Association of Podiatrists and Podologists
    6- Peloponnisou str.
    Argyroupolis 164 51
    Athens
    GREECE
    Tel: (30)69 44 32 37 72
    podiatry@otenet.gr

3. podigiatro17

podigiatro17 Welcome New Poster

Hi Dr. Payne,

I am now in my residency (a 3 year rearfoot/ankle surgical program) and am still very interested in practicing abroad. I am most interested in Greece, but was also curious about Austrailia. Do you have any updated information on who I can speak to about practicing in Greece. I believe you are from Austrailia - is it possible for a US-trained podiatrist to practice in Austrailia?

I would basically just like to explore some options as I am looking for a change after residency.

Thank you,

Jamie

4. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Hello

There are no reciprocal arrangements between the profession in the USA and the EU. However, as suggested, you could contact the registration bodies of the individual countries.

All the best

Bill Liggins