Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Help with analysis of gait

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by ineslm_, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ineslm_

ineslm_ Welcome New Poster

2. qmartin

qmartin Member

Saludos.
    Yo repetiria la grabacion,sin que la paciente apoyara sus manos en las protecciones de la cinta y reduciria algo la velocidad.
    Esa grabacion no es fiable por el apoyo que realiza.

3. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

There appears to be a good degree of late midstance pronation and an abductory heel twist. What do you see Ineslm?

4. ineslm_

Thank you, David!
    This girl has a real length difference caused by a scoliosis. The difference is about 0.6 mm and the right leg is the longest one.
    In my opinion, she does the heel stike and the foot flat phases in a normal way, but it is in the mid stance phase where I think that the right foot does more pronation than the left foot.
    At heel and toe off phases I can't see anything abnormal.

Sorry about my english!

5. David Wedemeyer

Is Ines your name?

I feel an .06mm leg length discrepancy is something the body will adapt to fairly easily and at the same time am hesitant to call this LLD. Which side is the inequality on and which side is the concavity of the scoliosis, dextro or levo?

Pay very close attention to the heels at terminal stance, can you see what I am seeing in that there is abduction of the heel and a lot of rotational shear of the forefoot?

David

6. ineslm_

Yes, I'm In?s!
    Here is the Rx
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh35n76vmsb2ocf/Foto%203-12-15%2016%2013%2012.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcjz7m8uhgbmb5w/Foto%203-12-15%2016%2010%2003.jpg?dl=0
    I know that 0.6mm is very little to call it LLD but in class we have been said that it is a LLD and when it is under 1cm we decide if we put insoles as treatment.

I see what you say now that you have told me, but I don't know why it occurs. I don't know either what does 'rotational shear' mean. Could you please explain me that?

In

7. David Wedemeyer

Ines hello from Southern California.

I should have been more precise, the forefoot abducts a good deal and to my eye greater on the right. You may look at ankle and Hallux dorsiflexion. Something appears to be prohibiting adequate toe off.

Also as a chiropractor I have difficulty diagnosing that as a scoliosis. It is minor and difficult to discern a true S curve; there is a mild thoracic curvature and negligible lumbar curvature. There is a discernible difference in the height of the ilia but probably functional and compensatory.

8. ineslm_

Cheers from Malaga, Southern Spain.
    Now I have understood what you say!
    I am really thankful to your help!