Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

9 key words for search engine

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by mike weber, May 31, 2010.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi Folks.

I´m looking at the words used in my profile for the search engine for the Swedish Telephone online website. As part my contract I´m allowed 9 key words or word groups.

I deal mainly with MSK problems, but with have General Foot care as one

What would you choose with the other 8 ?

ie Hallux Valgus

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Do you have a website for your clinic already. Access the analytics (eg Urchin) and see what keywords are currently being used to find your website --> use them, as this is the keywords that people use.

3. Thanks Craig, I used my records for the why did you come to the clinic ? question to get the terms, but thats a great idea. I also tried to find google stats of foot related word searches but did not find something.

4. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  5. eseo2010

eseo2010 Welcome New Poster

This is a bit of an old thread but I'll throw my tuppence worth in. For any keyword research its vital in a a commercial setting to determine the 'buying keywords' because they are the ones that will bring home the cash.

For example you could try 'foot pain' but dont hope to rank well for that any time soon. Better to focus on a tighter niche say a specific type of device or treatment regime that you offer as competition will be lower and you will attract more targeted customers.

If you really want to get serious about this (and I assume you dont ;)) there are tools like micro niche finder, market samurai and keyword elite that don't cost the earth but can be used time and again to research new markets. Personally, I would stick with the google keywords tool and make sure you set your country to Sweden and ignore the 'global' search terms then just pump in some relevant keyword phrases and see what the search volumes are. Its sounds complicated but its not once you've done it a couple of time.

Gimme a shout if you need any more help

Dave

6. AdminMan

AdminMan Member

Dave suggested using Market Samuari which is an excellent tool and Craig has offered some great free key word research tools. If you use them starting with a general keyword such as foot pain and then move into words more specific to the type of treatments you offer, you'll quickly find some useful keywords. Once you have keyword optimised your site, sit back and measure and test the result to find out which key words give you the best results.
    May you have lots of online success!