Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camps (Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne) - 2009

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Craig Payne, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Mark your calendar for:
    Jun 6 & 7: Adelaide
    Aug 1 & 2: Brisbane
    Aug 22 & 23: Sydney
    Nov 20 & 21: Melbourne (seperate brochure)

Detail and links for registration

Brochure attached.

Detail and links for registration

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  3. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

Re: Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camps (Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane)

Nothing in your home state?

4. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Nov 21 and 22

5. Boots n all

Cool, thank you l will check back when it gets closer.

l look forward to another and recommend it to others

Thats got to be worth :drinks :D

6. LUFCPod

LUFCPod Welcome New Poster

Any chance of coming to Perth:welcome:

7. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Before I do that I need to talk to the Arena'ettes ... they could not understand why it took two weeks for daddy to come home from work for the UK Boot Camps. ... maybe early next yr.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  8. LUFCPod

LUFCPod Welcome New Poster

Ok, Perth may be on the most isolated city in the world but should be able to get you back to the fam in < 2/52:wacko:

9. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

The NSW Podiatrists Registration Board have awarded this 20 CPPE point sper day (ie 40 points).

10. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Re: Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camps (Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne)

Just added the melbourne date 21-22 Nov (attached)

Also attached is Dermatology seminar for 29 August

Attached Files:

11. JMB

JMB Welcome New Poster

Craig am looking at your boot camp, Sydney or Melbourne as could not make Chch, will the content vary, will you have better facilities (toys) at latrobe, regards Jim Baxter

12. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

There will be no difference between the two; except I won't have to work so hard at the Melbourne one; other LTU staff will take over the prac sessions (and I can have a break!)

13. Boots n all

What ever you do Jim dont miss it, absolutely brilliant ......and yes lots of toys :D

14. Felix

Felix Member

Hello

Do you have dates and locations available for 2010?

Do you also do orthoses bootcamps aswell as biomechanics bootcamps?

Cheers
    Felix

15. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Still working on 2010 dates. Keep an eye on this: http://www.clinicalbootcamp.net/upcoming.htm

It pretty much covers the orthoses as well.

16. Felix

Felix Member

Thanks for this. Hopefully see you in 2010.

Felix

17. burton

burton Member

Hi Craig
    Any reason why WA is not listed

18. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Perth is there - will doing that soon ... just need to get the diary out and find a time that the Arena'ettes will let me go ...

19. Felix

Felix Member

Hello

Do you sell a DVD for your biomechanics bootcamps? If so how much? and how do I purchase one?

Cheers
    Felix

20. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  21. Pompy

Pompy Member

Hi Craig,
    Do you know how many GB is required to view/download this?
    I'm sure I'm not the only one with a limited download quota per month.
    Many thanks.

22. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    No idea. Hopefully Paul will stop by to answer

23. Greg Fyfe

Greg Fyfe Active Member

any updates on 2010 dates, I can't find any other than feb nz

thanks

24. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    not yet ... still working on ..

25. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

Hi Pompy,

sorry for the late reply - PORTAL Support staff have given me the following information.

The whole 2 day program is just over 10 hours long. For PORTAL ON DEMAND Video events, our servers assess your connection when you start watching and stream to you the best quality version your connection can handle. For example if you have super fast ADSL 2+ connection you will get almost DVD quality video at 2mb/sec.

If you have an average connection you will get around 350kb/sec. So as you can see it really depends on your connection as to how much video is streamed to you. Without knowing your connection type and speed I cannot give you an exact figure. Feel free to email support@portaleducation.com with those details and one of our support staff can work it out for you.

Once you have purchased a PREMIUM event you will find that it is broken up into individuals lectures. Boot Camp is split into multiple lectures over 2 days. The longest is almost 2 hours, the shortest is around 10 mins. You can stop, start, revisit, skip through and pause any lecture at anytime. You do not have to download a whole lecture if you wish to skip through it – you simply start from that point. Once purchased it is available for you indefinitely to re-watch at anytime from any location you wish.

I have included a link to show you what the video player looks like and some of its features.

[​IMG]

To take a short answer:

* Its hard to tell as its based on connection speed/quality of the user

* An average user would most likely stream around 1 gig of video for the full 10 hours of bootcamp

The link to BootCamp is below.

http://www.portaleducation.com/?page_id=707

I must say, I have been to several Boot Camps as a registrant, I was there when this was filmed and I was there when it was edited - I would say next to Craig I have seen more of Boot Camp than anyone else....and it never gets old.

No matter how many times I go or watch it I learn something every single time.

I can't say this about many educational events around the world!

Congrats Craig.....

26. ZoeJJ

ZoeJJ Welcome New Poster

Hi Craig,

Was wondering if you are planning to hold a boot camp in Brisbane this year and if you have a date in mind.

Thanks,
    Zoe

27. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    None planned at this stage ... do you feel like a holiday in Singapore?

28. DaVinci

DaVinci Well-Known Member

Agreed. The unique thing is that Paynie is an academic who actually has some good practical and useful things for clinicians to use and there is always a take home message for changing practice. This is not like what most academics have to talk about, which is usually useless information for practice (apologies to my academic friends) :empathy:

29. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Hi Craig,

I know none of the dates for UK bootcamps are arranged yet but is it more likely to be 2011 or in 2010. I only ask as I have limited budget and time for professional development as my practice is quite small. THe bootcamp is the one thing I would really like to do but if it won't be until middle 2011, then I could probably justify doing other professional development in the meantime

Thanks

Robin

30. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Every time I sit down to work on dates ... everything seem to clash.. Maybe London 13 & 14 Nov this year ... maybe announce it ion a few days. That will possible be the only UK one - or maybe abnother 15 & 16 ... not worked out where yet.

31. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

THanks for that. I live on an island so I have to fly wherever it is based. Just out of interest, how many people would have to attend to have a venue elsewhere. Asking on behalf of some colleagues who live elsewhere
    Robin

32. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    If I am already somewhere, a dozen people generally makes it worth my while.