Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Anatomy & injury - Pictorial essays

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by mike weber, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I found these when looking for something else, but think they are great. Good to show patients whats going on.

Abnormalities of the foot and ankle : MR image findings

The Os Trigonum syndrome : Pictorial essay

Extended Field-of-view Sonography in Musculoskeletal Disorder

Goes well these threads.

Disorders of the plantar fascia MRI pictorial Review

and
    Plantar plate tear re plantar plate anatomy , also a pictorial review

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Mike,

So far I have only looked at the ankle one which was brilliant. I've really been looking for something like this as I can't get to a dissection course and my anatomy is definitely not up to scratch.

Many thanks

Robin

3. David Singleton

David Singleton Active Member

Mike,

Great find these! Keep reading a bit more between patients!

Regards Dave

4. Your Welcome.

My fav so far is the plantar plate one.

Has helped patients, GP´s and Radiographers understand what it is we are dealing with. :drinks

5. Gradient-Recalled Echo MR Imaging of the Ankle: Spectrum of Normal and Abnormal Findings

6. Alasd4ir

Alasd4ir Member

These are great, keep looking at them instead of studying for my pharmacology exam,
    keep them coming.

Many thanks
    Alasdair

7. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Mike
    Far from it. All very much appreciated. Becoming a very useful resource actually. Thank you.

You wonder if they could be in some way categorised under varied headings relating to conditions or tissue type so that people access them as a resource. Just a thought.
    Ian

8. I´ve tried to add a few abstracts where maybe it´s not clear what there about.

Do you mean when searching for things on the arena - so if they look for say Achilles tendon they would get linked to the Pictorial essay ?

You would have to ask the Boss. It that Possible Craig ?

9. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Hi Mike

Yep. That would be one way. More work for the boss and may not be necessary but twas a thought.

Again thanks for the input.

10. Not boring at all!

Excellent information...

11. JaY

JaY Active Member

M Weber, thank you very much for all your input! All of these pictorial essays will help me (and others) immensely.

12. Griff

Griff Moderator

13. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

Not short of reasons- what I'm short of is a few pennies :drinks

Will add it on my list for :santa: at the end of the year- you never know :pigs:

14. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

15. JB1973

JB1973 Active Member

mike
    many thanks for all of these. Going to take a while to plough through them but your hard work is much appreciated
    cheers
    JB

16. JB1973

JB1973 Active Member

thanks for all your hard work Mike, much appreciated
    cheers
    JB

17. Ilotibial band friction syndrome: MR Imaging findings in

Should be read with this study in mind - the mention the fatty tissue in the MR study as well.