Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Yell.com

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by George Brandy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. George Brandy

George Brandy Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This could be fun.

I was not aware of the Trip Advisor addition to Yell.com when I signed up for the next 12 months....

"Be the first to add a review"....says Yell.com

Given our line of work how popular will this process be? Will it be in our favour or will it reveal how unsuccessful Yell.com is in marketing our practices?

I have a funny feeling that Yell.com will be the losers.

GB

2. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

Thanks, George, for a useful post.

I had a look at my listing on Yell.com this morning and found it had disappeared, along with other entries from other pods in the area. These had been replaced by entries from non-HPC regulated practitioners !

I have put in a complaint to Yell.com about this.

I would suggest everyone check their listings to see if they are still there !

regards

Catfoot

3. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

I stoped advetising with Yell completely 2 years ago and stayed just with google.

I havent had ANY alteration in my patient flow figures last year or up to now this year and have saved a considerable amount of money in the process.

It would appear to me that Yell.com use google listings anyway so why pay a middle man ??
    Cheers
    D;)

4. George Brandy

George Brandy Active Member

Glad to be of service Catfoot.

I am slowly withdrawing from Yell.com so interesting to note your findings DTT. Thanks for sharing.

I am down to one small entry in the Yellow Pages from a fairly big fancy add of three years ago, to blue two years ago and a basic add last year. Next year I plan to withdraw from Yell.com if it makes no difference to footfall.

If no comments appear on the "Trip Advisor" bit, this potentially is evidence that the add is having no impact at all.

Time will tell.

GB

5. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

I had reservations for a long time as to whether I would suddenly become "patientless" if I left.

It hasnt happened :cool:

Just had a new website upgrade from my IT guru which has been a great success so after the initial outlay for the upgrade and the incoming traffic generated I'm quids in ;)

Incidentally if it helps check out my website www.surreyfootcare.com and have a chat with the web designer shown at the bottom of the page, click on ( Chaldonweb). His charges are very reasonable and the results very good.

He has just done a website for my niece who's an osteopath( newly qualified) and is generating many enquiries for her

Hope that helps
    cheers
    D;)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  6. Tim VS

Tim VS Active Member

Hi Del and others,

I pulled my ad from Yell this year following careful marketing of my referral sources this past year. Given the miniscule numbers of patients coming from Yell compared to the number via Google, I am confident patient numbers will not significantly decrease. It certainly is a good feeling not to be paying all that money to them any more! I intend to use the saved funds to further develop my online marketing, where the future lies IMHO.

Regards,

Tim

7. jane.e.benson

jane.e.benson Active Member

Thank you all so much!
    I have recently had words with the lady from Yell.com, ( she tried to insist that people were using yell to get my number after finding my name in google but I was able to show her that that was just not likely!). She also told me that prices will be going up in august when i am due to renew my contract. after all this info I have definately made up my mind not to :)

8. Disgruntled pod

Disgruntled pod Active Member

"she tried to insist that people were using yell to get my number"

of course she did, she/they want your money!

It is a bit like the YP rep who came round mine 3 years ago, wanting "to discuss" my advert."

He was DESPARATE for me to "try and improve that advert". He was waving his arms like anything. "Is there anyway whatsover that that advert could be improved."

He walked out very annoyed!

Like Martin Lewis says, "a bank invites you in to discuss your finances with you, yes, you're right, they want to sell you something.