Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Stainsby "The Foot; A New Approach to Structure and Funtction"

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by User7, May 2, 2006.

1. User7

User7 Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This book was advertised on Amazon.com about 6 years ago. It appears to still be forthcoming.

Does anyone have any news about the book or about Dr. Stainsby?

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Its looks as though its a no go. I have been looking out for this as well, as Stainsby has some very interesting concepts of foot function that are worthy of further consideration. We are currently in the middle of a project testing one of them. I have heard him lecture on his concepts and read a few of his papers, but without "the book" it is hard to get a full understanding of his concepts.

I do know that Amazon has had it listed as forthcoming for many years and it was listed as forthcoming on the publishers website, but was removed a year or so ago. Shame about that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2006
  3. User7

User7 Active Member

Thanks Craig,

Big shame, as it seems he was onto something. I think I'll call his publisher and see if I can find out what went wrong. The bigger shame would be if this info never sees print and is lost.

What concept are you testing Craig?

4. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    The 'reverse windlass' in HAV

5. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Hi.
    You wrote:
    "Does anyone have any news about the book or about Dr. Stainsby?"
    David Stainsby (he's a "Mr" in the UK BTW) was an Orthopaedic Surgeon in Newcastle upon Tyne UK when I last saw him (about 8 years ago).

He came to see me for information on data-collection with a Musgrave vertical loading system. I subsequently arranged a demo of same at the Uni of Durham, to which David attended. I think at that time he, Dr Julian Minns (Med Physics, Dryburn Hospital, Durham) and myself could kind of see where he was going, but also the limitations of a vertical loading system. Played his cards very close to his chest at that time (fair enough - I was a lowly higher degree student).
    Very nice guy - and very approachable.

Regards,
    davidh