Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

FHP advertising on eBay

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by NewsBot, May 10, 2008.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
  2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. William Fowler

William Fowler Active Member

:craig: At least its a classified ad and NOT an auction. That would really be bizarre!

4. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    My attempt at selling my soul in the marketplace was a failure, maybe I'll try eBay

5. spike123horse

spike123horse Active Member

I noticed a podiatry practice recently on ebay (uk) - wonder if it sold?

6. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

What in God's name is a Foot Health Professional? Is this only in the UK that they allow this sort of practice?

I must have been asleep while they announced that podiatrists professional services were being encroached by gypsy toenail snippers? Well, she does offer foot massage :cool:.

Next they'll be able to fit them for diabetic inserts, shoes and orthoses.

7. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Its a purely a UK thing. It is way around the podiatry licensing/registration laws - only those that call themselves Chiropodists or Podiatrists are covered by the laws and have to be qualified and registered. See the related threads on FHP's.

8. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

Thank you Admin.

9. William Fowler

William Fowler Active Member

10. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

Dear All,

Not a threat to anybody as the fee is 15 quid for a dom. So i imagine they will go very hungry or work themselves into a very early grave.

Reminds about the advert for a hairdresser.

Hair cut only $x

up the road at another hairdresser:

We fix $x haircuts.

Which one would you patronise?

How can you live on gross income of 15 quid an hour.

Unless of course you errrmmmmm take less than one hour to drive to a house set up shop do your bit pack up shop and then drive to next venue.

regards David

11. cornmerchant

cornmerchant Well-Known Member

Hi Davohorn

As you live in Australia you may well not understand the concept of Foot Health Practitioners as they may not exist in your part of the world. Here , they are an unregulated sector of the foot health industry that claim to have the same ability as Podiatrists/chiropodists who of course are regulated and registered.

Hence, it is not about what they are charging and how much of a threat to other businesses, but more a matter of priniciple.

Twinkle toes is using a protected title to sell her wares on ebay quite illegally. Chiropody is of course the search word that will fetch her up - even though she doesnt claim to be a chiropodist she claims to do the work of one and is therefore pertaining to be a chiropodist.

She is welcome to work herself into the ground and she certainly poses no threat to most of us as she wont get much work thro ebay !

Regards
    Cornmerchant

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  12. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

DEar Commerchant i was in UK in practice for 20 yeras in both NHS and PP so i am well aware of this problem also what heppened when HPC came into being.:pigs:

Also how it completely failed to protect the public by allowing grandparenting and then not dealing with the resultant FHP.:deadhorse:

Fortunately here we only have Pedicurists to worry about.

They provide us with plenty of work which is good.:butcher:

regards a pommie bastard in Aus

David:drinks

13. cornmerchant

cornmerchant Well-Known Member

Hi David
    Didnt mean to teach granny how to suck eggs! You are one lucky b***** to be away from this so called green and pleasant land!

If I was younger I would be joining you! It is a real mess here but I cant see it changing !
    Anyway, it doesnt affect me in my day to day practice, as you say ,what they cant do,we normally pick up and sort out!

regards
    Cornerchant