Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

5000+

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Simon Spooner, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Girl has a point...

2. Bel start one on Dermatology/pathology related issues - I´ll read it ;) Be just stupid me starting one I really would not know where to start. My ideas are ask Bel or refer to a Dermatologist etc

3. Thats my usual play as well.

She loves it when you send her pictures of weirdomas. Loves it ;).

4. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Me too sorry Bel:rolleyes: :D

But thanks for your expertise and advice not forgetting the professional manner in which the advice is given.

Thanks again Hun

Cheers
    D;)

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

The "fluff" posting or signal/noise ratio is a concern to any forum and can become a problem. I sometime go and delete 'fluff' posts a week or so after posting in threads as they serve no long term purpose to the value of the topic.

6. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

maybe a ratings system might add to the sense of numinous felt by some members or maybe decrease any solipsism

7. blinda

blinda MVP

Thanks Tim,

2 new words to add to my vocabulary:drinks

Cheers,
    Bel

8. Griff

Griff Moderator

Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

9. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I have been dying to use those words somewhere !

10. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Just love Google. Very glad it wasn't just me being a bit thick ;)

11. blinda

blinda MVP

Hmmm. Hope you mean " Very glad it wasn't just me being a bit thick" and not "Very glad it wasn't just me being a bit thick"

You can go off a person, you know Mand` ;)

Ok, this is `fluff`, but we`re allowed to in the break room, aren`t we?

12. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Fluffing means something completely different in another industry

13. took longer than I though -

14. blinda

blinda MVP

:eek: Good ol` urban dictionary. I have learnt much from you Robin. Just the other day I was watching some innocuous street theatre about a tea party and there was a scene entitled `soggy biscuit`. My friend asked me why I was laughing so much...I couldn`t explain it to him.

15. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I have tried to work cloying and hubris in to a reply but have failed .

16. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I found out what soggy biscuit is ,not a game to play at christmas with the family !

17. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Perhaps not! Unless you wish to star on the Jeremy Kyle show :wacko:

Podiatry Arena is very educational. Sometimes too much ......:dizzy:

:drinks

18. You're just not trying. Hubris should be simple enough to get an inclusion on.

My word of the day is obstreperous.

19. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

I like obfuscating, the word that is, not being obfuscating.

Not as impressive or difficult to work into a conversation as numinous our solipsism (which, rather interestingly were predicted on my swype app) but a good word nevertheless and quite onomatopoeic I always think.

I keep going on about swype but it is the absolute dogs danglies as far a smart phone text entry is concerned. If you are interested, click on the linky . It automatically selects android for me as I have an HTC but it is available for the i phone.

I have no financial interest in the company (more's the pity!) I just love the app.

20. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I think it is important when treating patients not to do anything that deletrious to them or leave them discombobulated what say you?

21. blinda

blinda MVP

I`d say; it is just as important to ensure that we excoriate any excrescence.

22. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

My Dear Belinda
    I would say that is axiomatic !(It has taken me a weekend to dreg up these words)
    Tim

23. blinda

blinda MVP

D`you mean we`re starting again at `A`?:confused: Never was any good at party games....

24. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

Oh i see ! No i was just trying to put something together that used big words that made sense ,E s are good I have heared but may make you slightly tearey the next day
    Tim

25. blinda

blinda MVP

I may have said this before; E`s are overated ;)

Cheers
    blinda

26. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I wouldnt go near them I am mad enough as it is ! I will return with complicated words in a bit .
    Take care
    Tim

27. Must you inflict more of your Fullsome Fatuous Folly upon us? Sending your factotum to facilitate your facundity I'll bet! You, sir, are a fanfaron

28. Which may or may not be better than a Fa'afafine - and you all go to goggle ;)

29. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I didnt go to google , I asked my clever sister which may be worse .how about we promise not to go to googlle or outside help , a circle of trust ?
    Tim

30. If thats the case I´m out - :D - Tim just read a few of my posts for an explanation even though English is my 1st language not my strong suits - spelling once described by Spooner as appalling :drinks

I´ll read and Google and learn though

31. Tkemp

Tkemp Active Member

Your aeipathy for flosculation ecstasiates us!
    (yes i did cheat and look them up ;) )

32. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I had to look that up as i thought you were being rude about me.Which is a reaction i have come across before.I have left the circle of trust! Wasnt that in Meet the Fockers? , loved that cat

33. blinda

blinda MVP

[​IMG]

Everyone deserves one chance, Tim. However, if your circle joins in my circle, they'll form a chain. I can't have a chink in my chain.

BTW, I am going to be `Pamela Martha Focker`. But that`s nothing to gasconade about......

34. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

Ok I will give it a go. I think it would be presumptuous to be Mr focker or the young Ben Stiller, to be the cat would be to self effacing so i will pump for the mad De niro character

35. blinda

blinda MVP

[​IMG]

Suits you...

...but we`re still waiting for your complex `F`, or even, `G` word, or is it just Isaacs and myself that get the whole alphabetic thing?

36. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

I get it , I will apply myself to the task .The saving grace of Raging Bull is the end " I could have been a Contender "speech .It can be reworked to " I could of been somebody instead I am a Corn Tender".Trival movie fact the I could of been a contender speech from on the water front was ab libbed and done in one take.The thing i have against sports movies is why not just watch sport as Sid waddel said "This is real life Shakespeare" He also said " This is the greatest come back since Lazurus" but that is slightly wandering from the point
    Tim

37. Tkemp

Tkemp Active Member

In this forum, bloggers famigerate about Podiatry in their countries :)
    Some may gnathonize Spooner and Kirby while others are totally isangelous and self-righteous :)

... there is an F G and I for you Bel :)

38. I did F already! Keep up!:rolleyes:

Your Jactancy shows you to be a janiform Jocko and I make no apology for the jeremiad

Can you do K? Or will your kakorrhaphiophobia get the better of you?

39. timharmey

timharmey Active Member

You jezebel
    I feel that you are guilty of google offences.
    Tim

40. Tkemp

Tkemp Active Member

I'm not actually a Jocko but I am grateful you appreciate my fear of failure (see a decrease in jactancy just for you Izzy)

I wouldnt even accuse you of replying keleusmatically though I suspect slight rejoicing over our labascate in this endeavour.