Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

APMA's best walking city

Discussion in 'USA' started by admin, Mar 11, 2005.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Best Walking Cities: Is Yours One Of Them?
    From nbci.com

Top 10 Best Walking Cities:

1. Arlington, Va.

2. San Francisco

3. Seattle

4. Portland, Ore.

5. Boston

6. Washington, D.C.

7. New York City

8. Eugene, Ore.

9. Jersey City, N.J.

10. Denver

Top 200 from APMA (PDF file)

2. admin

3. katrinar

katrinar Member

Best Walking Cities - Good PR tool?

Hi all,

I'm the PR Officer for the Australian Podiatry Association (Vic) (I'm also a podiatrist) and the topic of Walking is currently being thrown around as a potential area for promotion for podiatry in Australia.

I've seen on this site and also on others (news and APMA etc) about the USA Best Walking Cities promotion and it appears to be getting a lot of coverage.

However, I guess I'm looking for some feedback from practitioners in the US about how successful you feel it has been and if you think it has had benefits for the profession over there.

I would certainly appreciate any comments, because from my perspective this seems to be a really well thought out and effective campaign. I would hope that we would be able to do a similar type campaign here in Australia.

Regards,

Katrina Richards :)

4. admin