Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

DPM/MD ..... ouch !

Discussion in 'USA' started by Dieter Fellner, May 1, 2008.

1. Dieter Fellner

Dieter Fellner Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.

I will read with interest the views of our US colleagues over this debate. Is there life in Podiatry in the US ? Is a new generation of Podiatrist suffocating under the strain of HMO's, Insurance, Co-Payments, Residency Problems, Debt etc. Or is this alarmist and all is well and you are in fact prospering and the tide is turning in your favour ?

Just who is 'podiatry-bites' ?

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

3. Dieter Fellner

Dieter Fellner Well-Known Member

Really, reallly, really old news it may be Admin, but those very same issues still seem to plague Podiatry in the US. Perhaps this site was not updated because nothing much has changed?

My attention was drawn to Podiatry-bites, after looking further and leading on from NewsBots recent posting "Podiatry's future is safe" January 7th, 2008:

http://www.soulcast.com/post/show/105139/mission-statement

Perhaps not such old news after all ?

The introduction of HMO's seems to have taken a big bite out of the Profession and the situation is not improving. And, it seems, there are not the openings on Health Insurance plans for the new grads. Of course the same economic forces can affect other health professions, but my interest is Podiatry, and this profession has unique and specific problems.

And I emphsize, that in drawing attention to this I am not interested in promoting 'negativity'. On the contrary I am interested to find out what the situation is like and how this affects our US colleagues.

I have a personal, vested interest in US Podiatry, and the candid views of US Podiatrists on the current state of play, both at work and in school, are welcome.

Anyone?

4. Dermotfox

Dermotfox Active Member

Dieter my friend who sat next to me at Npton on the masters degree.

Please use english grammar its emphasise here not emphasize.

IMNO