Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Welcome to Yosemite Valley

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Kevin Kirby, May 11, 2011.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Yosemite National Park is my favorite place in California. We generally have a few podiatrists from other countries visiting us every year here in Sacramento and, when asked of where they should spend their vacation time while in the "Golden State", I always tell them that they must visit Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park...there is nothing like it in the world. Here are a few photos I took last weekend with the falls roaring due to the large snowpack this year. It's a tough life here in California....but someone's got to live here.;)

Top to bottom: El Capitan, Sentinel Rocks, Dogwood Blooms in Curry Village, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls

Attached Files:

2. Lee

Lee Active Member

Good advice Kevin. We stayed in a cabin in Curry Village and loved the place - we spent a day mule trekking up the local terrain. I can't recommend the place enough - the only problem is getting a camera that can fit the views into one photo. It's really easy to access the place and it's fantastically well organised (just like most places in the USA). My other favourite place in your home state is Santa Cruz - the best fish and chips (outside of the UK) are sold at the end of the pier in Dolphin restaurant's side window (that really isn't the only reason to visit the place though).

Here's me standing at the bottom of Mirror Lake:

Attached Files:

3. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Great photos Kevin. One of my all time favorite holiday activities was white water rafting down the Merced River.what a fantastic day that was. one the guides told us of how he would spend the day climbing El Capitan (may have taken longer?) then would base jump off the top!

The only problem I have with Yosemite now is how popular and busy it is with stupid tourists like me, who stop their cars anywhere they care too regardless of the chaos they create.amazing place though.

Regards,

Robin

4. Rick K.

Rick K. Active Member

Niece is a ranger there and loves it. When we last visited took this shot of another niece leaping in front of Half Dome, but the graininess was what made me move up to Nikon D700. The obligatory bear shot just about the time I started to get nervous. Prefer the Smokies bears because there are normally people between me and them.
    The last is of the fattest squirrel on top of Sentinel Dome.

Attached Files: