Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by W J Liggins, Apr 29, 2011.

1. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Congratulations to Will & Kate. Great day. I hope those who rose in the middle of the night in Anzac and Canada lands and elsewhere enjoyed their early morning beers!

Also good to see the Spit, Hurry and Lanc still flying. Without the lads who drove those, there would have been no Royal Wedding or world as we know it.

Cheers

Bill

:drinks

2. Ive got a different view on the wedding

Who cares ?

Great for Will and Kate hope they have a great life together. But royal families over rated they are just people these days of no significant importance.

3. W J Liggins

Hi Mike

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion, but if you want me to write a list of just why the British Royal family is of significant importance then I will be happy to do so. Just as a start though, an international audience of circa 2 billion people watched this wedding.

Another clue might be that so many people, like yourself, who say they 'don't care', care enough to beef on about it!

Cheers

Bill

(Still :drinks)

4. Griff

Griff Moderator

I'm with Bill on this one - I love a bit of the Royal Family. It's what being British is all about.

However am I alone in my disappointment that this didn't happen...?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  5. I, for one, enjoyed seeing the photos of the wedding. In addition, the Royal Wedding has been big news here in California for the past two weeks. I've lectured/vacationed over in the UK now five times and will be there a sixth time in June. From my experiences there, I'll have to say, when it comes to ceremony and Royal Weddings, nobody beats the British! Congratulations to Will and Kate!

6. W J Liggins

Love it!

Mind you, the T Mobile Archbishop of Canterbury's hair and beard are a damn sight smarter than the real thing!

Cheers

Bill

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  7. W J Liggins

Thanks Kevin.

As I understand it, when Francis Drake landed in California, the indigenous population were happy to accept Elizabeth I as their Queen (on the rather dubious but peaceful, recommendation of Drake) and that documentary evidence for this still exists. That being the case, California still legally 'belongs' to the U.K., a situation which we have sportingly not pushed, but it does mean that Californians have a definite claim to the U.K. royal family as 'theirs'!

Cheers

Bill

8. Bill:

I love the British people. I have quite a few patients who have were raised in the UK and we talk a lot about the lovely trips my wife and I have had to the British Isles for my lectures and our vacations. I think that Americans, in general, are fascinated by the British Monarchy probably because 1) we have nothing like it here in the States but also because 2) we realize that Britian is where our country started from. In addition, I am fascinated by the differences in cultures and language between the British and the Yankees.

Many of my best podiatry buddies are in the UK (who I am looking forward to catching up with and possibliy meeting a few more for the first time in Manchester). In addition, my favorite musical group, the Beatles, (whose music I have listened to, played and sung for the the last 45+ years) and my favorite scientist, Sir Isaac Newton, are all products of the UK. This year, with our trip to Manchester, my wife and I will finally be able to visit Liverpool to visit the birthplace and homes of the Beatles, a pilgramage which I am looking forward to greatly.

Roll up for the Magical Mystery Tour, step right this way....:drinks

9. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Kevin

You will enjoy Liverpool for a variety of reasons, including the architecture which I believe you like, but more recently they have spent millions on revamping the water front along the river Mersey.

I'm more of a Manchester lad myself. Sadly they were not looking for an ageing, balding guy in Take That!!!!

10. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Personally I thought it was a lovely ceremony. I'm not a big fan of the Royal family although I am a big fan of marriage. I wish them all the very best for their future together. I feel certain William will make a better husband than his father did.

Kevin,

Liverpool is indeed a wonderful city. All my family were born there (I was hatched farther afield) :D . I spent much of my childhood & early teenage years there & have many wonderful memories. Like many cities there is a stark difference between the opulence of the city centre & the sometimes abject poverty in surrounding areas. You will never meet a finer class of people.

I think The Spinners' say it quite nicely.

I hope you have a safe & enjoyable trip.

For your return journey.

Kind regards,

Mandy

11. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

It had to happen, our first tiff methinks; Charles, I'm a big fan, BIG.

..and I would have looked good in Pippa's dress! mind you I kept checking her out to make sure it was the dress.....

12. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hi All

Great Day, Great institution bringing millions into the country in revenue .

Good luck to them ALL for the future especially Wills and Kate.:drinks

And for all the "knockers" of the royal Family and the pomp and circumstance..

A reminder it comes from HUNDREDS of years of practice called heritage ;)

As Bill said the millions that got pleasure from watching and those that like me, were reminded how proud I am to be English.:cool:

We know how to put on a" bit of a doo" doncha think :D

cheers
    Derek;)

13. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Am beside myself with regret. :eek:

Switt swoo..............buns of steel ;)

Just to add a little flame to the fire. I would love to see the DNA results for Harry :butcher:

Xs from S.Yorks

14. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Now there I think is the question on everyones lips Twirls :D:D:D

15. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Sorry Gremlins seem to be at work on the computer...apparently . Duplicated post

Cheers
    D;)

16. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

How to set a poll of who is Harry's dad?

Red hair a 'Spencer' family trait against a cuckoo in the nest. Just for scientific purposes you understand.

Wikipedia

Am intrigued.................

Anyone's thoughts?

Regards,

Mandy.

17. Griff

Griff Moderator

18. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

But Ian, Is he really 'Royal'?

19. Griff

Griff Moderator

Well he's definitely Diana's son, and I guess you could argue that she is of Royal descent. Either way I think he's a legend - c'mon - he put on a van outside Buckingham Palace that served Bacon sarnies...

20. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

I agree Ian, and I think that lad is full of mischief:D

The way he was eying up Kate's sister and was full of fun throughout the wedding I found endearing and surly to those that want the monarchy to "modernise" he is the classic example of laid back royalty.

I would love to go on a "chaps nite out" with him, I bet Bacon Sarnies are not his only weakness:eek:

Cheers
    D;)

21. Nilsen

Nilsen Active Member

willsnkate (240x174).jpg
    caption competition unneccessesary?

22. It´s all a bit Eddie Murphy in Coming to America - the Royal penis is clean .

23. W J Liggins

You could hardly blame him eying up Kate's sister, best dress of the day barring Kate's and well filled! He also told Will that Kate 'looked fantastic' as she came down the aisle - or so my wife told me, since she can lip read a bit - whilst Will, very properly, did not look. Gutsy lad too, he insisted on serving with his regiment on the front line in Afghanistan against the wishes of the army, the Royals and the government. I'll buy him a pint on our night out.

Anyway Del, the Royals are not 'religionist', what have you got against the Jews? Bacon sarnies indeed! Maybe he told 'em to do a few bagels on the side?

All the best

Bill

PS. Best bitchy remark from a (female) local radio presenter today. "But what about Beatrice and Eugenie, it appeared as if they were looking at Cinderella"

24. Well, if the hat fits... Whoever told them that their hats looked good wants ****ing, a lot.

"We call this the one "toilet seat with cascading bog-roll surround" madam". "I love it". "Really?" "Yah, it's so me, how did you know?" "We saw you coming, madam, that'll be £3K"

Attached Files:

25. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

I bet everyones mobile phone worked perfectly if they were sitting in the vicinity:D

AND were done by a designer who in IMHO should be locked in the tower and hung by their nipples until they cant scream anymore :eek:

Then they would appreciate how the rest of us felt when we had to endure those god awful designer outfits !!!!
    Cheers
    D;)

26. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

Jeez Del half the world's population were "eying up Kate's sister"!

I'd rather join the ladies at a 'pyjama party' myself

27. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hi All

Now how happy is this guy that it all went as planned, and just look at the smiles on his face and of the people watching:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_csW4bDCg&feature=player_embedded

Truly wonderful pictures of genuine happiness and joy generated by this wedding:drinks

Please don't let the "PC" brigade start bloody moaning about it !!!!!

Being happy is not a crime in England..Honest:cool:

Cheers
    D;)

28. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Ahh yes but I'm old so .....prefer experience and "integrity" over youthful looks

Pyjamas :confused: what are they :confused:

I'm a 60's child we did all what you kids are doing today...but...without our clothes on!!!!!!! :D

Never owned a pair and still don't :rolleyes:

Now there's a mental image for you !!:eek:

Dont have nightmares !!!!

Be lucky

Cheers
    D;)

Last edited: May 5, 2011