Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Patent granted for dual density prefabricated orthotic

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by NewsBot, Dec 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This was first filed in 2004, but has only just been granted:

Orthotic insert and method of manufacture thereof
    Inventors: Kielt; Rodney (Sylvania Waters, AU), Najjarine; Abdul (Alfords Point, AU)
    Assignee: Foot Steps Orthotics Pty Limited (Miranda New South Wales, AU)
    Link to patent

2. Griff

Griff Moderator

Dont often hear the sesamoids get a mention!

I'd love to see a pic of this? I can't help but imagine a 'cut and shut' orthoses...

I'm sure we've done the whole heat moulded poo-pooing already, and would love to know the 'correct biomechanical position whilst standing in a weight bearing position'??

3. wdd

wdd Well-Known Member

I am still not sure what the patentable aspect of this claim is?

For decades podiatrists have made adhesive pads and insoles with cut outs, eg plantar cover pads with either winged or u'd cut outs and the cut out sections have frequently been filled with a less dense material.

You can buy bicycle seats that are dual density. You can buy running soles where the dual density principle is used in the insole design.

What is the new, novel and nonobvious feature of these orthotic devices?

Bill Donaldson

4. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

From what l have read, it looks like the same "foot bed's" that are already on the market