Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Treatment plan for hallux rigidus

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by troll, Oct 21, 2014.

1. troll

troll Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello Forum. Could anybody please tell me if this is a realistic price for a treatment plan for a hallux rigidus in the right foot, and a hallux limitus in the left foot. The patient is a 66 years old lady with some arthritis in the joints.

5 to 7 visits of between £150 and £200 each.
    4 to 6 new orthotics of between £350 and £550 each. A total cost of between £2150 and £4700.

If this is wrong, could you provide me with more correct information? Thank you.

2. Pauline burrell-saward

Pauline burrell-saward Active Member

am I the only one who doesn't understand the question?

what treatment plan?
    why 4-6 orthotics at £350 each? surly if orthotics are going to change prescription every visit, a chair side orthotic would do till you are sure??

Or is this a wind up???

3. With a member name like troll it does make you think

4. blinda

blinda MVP

...or not engage. It`s an obvious whinge/wind up IMO.

5. troll

troll Member

Hello Pauline,
    Forgive me for not being very clear in my first entry. This case is about a company that sold me a pair of orthotics at £1076 in Kensington High Street. They sent me the information above in an attempt to explain why their orthotics are such a good bargain, compared to other UK practitioners. I needed to have some facts in this, because I am in the process of filing a complaint to the Customers ombudsman about what I suspected to be grossly misleading marketing tactics. Today another member of the Forum has generously provided me with the necessary information, and I will be able to proceed with this case. I am the lady in question, and I had reached a point where I would do anything to regain some quality of movement in my painful halluxes, but I react strongly to being exploited. So this is no wind up, just an attempt to throw some light on a company that apparently is no jewel in the podiatry community's crown.

6. blinda

blinda MVP

Whilst I`m pleased for you that you have received some useful information, you will realise that using a forum name such as `troll` will obviously lead us to think that you are just that. It isn`t particulaly endearing to try to deceive members by pretending to be practitioner, either. I`d like to politely remind you of the Forum Rules which were highlighted in bold when you signed up for this forum;

Kind regards,
    Bel

7. troll

troll Member

Let me rush in with an explanation. I am Norwegian, and our trolls are generally slow, very gullible and vulnerable. That is why it is easy to fool them! I will quickly change my name to something more suitable.

And I assure you it was never my intention to pretend to be a practitioner. I just needed a feedback on some facts, and I see that it was a clumsy way of doing it. I hope I have made myself more clear by my explanation above. Thank you for your kind reminder.

8. blinda

blinda MVP

Ah, the beautiful land of open sandwiches ;)

Thanks for the explanation. If you`re still on Scandinavian soil and looking for a pucker podiatrist, then you won`t go far wrong with our Mr Weber :drinks

9. Pauline burrell-saward

Pauline burrell-saward Active Member

silly me, didn't see the "Troll " word

10. troll

troll Member

Hi Belinda,
    Thanks for your recommendation. Stockholm is a beautiful town, I hope your colleague is happy there. I live a little north of Oslo, so I would probably rather go to London than to Stockholm to see a good pod. London is one of my favorite capitals, you see.

11. blinda

blinda MVP

12. troll

troll Member

Oh, Hafjell, then you must have visited Lillehammer, my home town. It was actually Mr Griff who helped me with the information I needed. Very nice man indeed. I don't plan on seeing a pod in the UK, really, I'm just trying to shed some light on another company's business practice, which I find misleading. I bought a pair of really expensive orthotics from them, and now I discover that their «free» remouldings cost £98 per foot - for each consecutive correction. I didn't expect to find this kind of business in a serious field like podiatry, so therefore I am interested in revealing the truth here.

13. blinda

blinda MVP

Indeed. He is a very nice man.

My favourite watering hole in Lillehammer was Woodys Bar....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can understand your frustration and do wish you well in your endeavours.

Skoll :drinks

14. troll

troll Member

Look at that! No wonder you are thrilled by the land of snow and good bars. Hope you will come back to enjoy more. And thank you for your encouragement.