Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

The Verruca Fairy

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Robertisaacs, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Today marks the happy day Andrew's VP FINALLY fell off. So he put it in a shell by his bed and left it for the verruca fairy, who will doubtless exchange it for hard currency. We had the verruca fairy story at bed time and everything.

Eleanor even drew a picture of the verruca fairy so we knew what she looked like. The bag to the left contains the verrucas (obviously) and the one to the right the coins.

[​IMG]

Well, it has about the same scientific basis as most of the treatments ;).

2. blinda

blinda MVP

Eleanor is on to something here. Notice how both `bags` are flipping the finger to the Human Papilloma Virus? I`m onto it.....

3. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

My own VPs 'fell out' some 50 years ago. Would the nice kind Fairy Isaccs forward 170,000 quid? (That's with compounded interest, of course).

Yours waitingly

Bill Liggins

4. Ts & Cs apply of course...

Can you provide For your lesions, that plug of HK skin which is the last thing to come off a resolving vp? If so the fairy will be glad to oblige...

Otherwise she can't use them for anything!

5. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Rob

Ready to admit the cream " Fairy" used, got rid then ?? ( Notice I didnt use the name):D

Cheers
    D;)

6. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Bet he's secretly using tea tree ;)

7. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Wild horses and pins in my eyes wouldnt drag the information from me Twirls :D

Cheers
    D;) xx

8. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

I'll be pleased to send some toenail clippings. Same DNA.

Yours hopefully

Bill

9. C'mon Bill, be reasonable. The verruca fairy is feasible enough but the toenail fairy?! That's just plain silly! Although Eleanor did ask in an impressively entrepreneurial spirit today if there was a picky skin fairy.

I, um, may have used a cream based on an oil named similarly to a popular English beverage on Eleanor's VP. Andrew however only got 25% urea on his. I figured it would be better at breaking down the hard skin. Has an active ingredient d'ya see ;)

10. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh you fibber the "T" medication is in a urea emollient base !!!

I told you that when you asked my advice on tx ing little peoples VP :D:D

Go on own up ;)

Glad they are gone by whatever method :drinks

Cheers Buddy
    D;)

11. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

I am soon to be facing the unenviable task of inviting the dummy fairy to our house

I'm going to have to book a whole week off work just to reduce the imnpact of the lack of sleep I'm likely to get......my kids LLLOOOOOVVVVVVE dummies! (except me)

Robin

12. blinda

blinda MVP

Hmmm...ya mean ya put Ol` Peculiar on the blighters? Active ingredient, you say? Please, do elaborate my dear :rolleyes:

13. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Old speckled "T" it is rumoured ;) :D

Cheers
    D;)

14. blinda

blinda MVP

Like it :drinks

15. Is it?! It's not on the ingredients list. for TT50

Um. Urea 25%? That counts doesn't it?

Ok ok. I'll come clean. I used tea tree oil on Eleanors Verruca (NOT Andrews). I feel dirty! I've sinned!!

And worse, as Derek "drop my mate right in it ;)" Harland knows, I believe I can provide a fairly evidence based rationale for the use of Tea tree oil on verrucas! Not very evidence based of course, but fairly.

Only I too scared to tell cos Bel will hurt me if I do. With pain.

16. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

:D Scuze me, "drop my mate right in it" ??? what have I said ??:rolleyes:

Blimey mate thats as sad as me saying something like Bel likes Neil Diamond :rolleyes:

Now WOULD I ?????:pigs:

And that could be two of us feeling pain in the not to distant future !!:eek:

Cheers Buddy
    D;)

17. blinda

blinda MVP

C`mon, you told me you liked the pain....Seriously tho, what is your fairy story, sorry, I mean fairly evidence based theory for this? BTW, did you know that despite your acclaimed ability to charm warts `n all, the Inland Revenue won't accept any documentation that comes with bacon stapled to it?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/opini...hinking,-with-dr-morris-o'connor-201105243860

Knackerd Bel,
    after hosting a braai for 45 people.....mug, that`s me.

18. blinda

blinda MVP

19. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

WOT WOT Did I say ??

I mean song sung blue usually makes a Beautiful noise especially if you listen with some red red wine but........I was only suggesting what might have been thats all :rolleyes:

Cheers
    D;)