Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry Turkey

Discussion in 'Podiatry Arena Help, Suggestions and Comments' started by paturkey, Dec 20, 2015.

1. paturkey

paturkey Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    İ think new category should add in Country Specific Issues. Because Turkey has podiatrists. Podiatry program is only in 3 universities. But İt will be more in a short time. here is our first Podiatry's blog :)

Podoloji Blog

2. Ina

Ina Active Member

It would be really interesting to know how the things are done and viewed in different countries, but I guess in order to add a new country forum here they need at least several forum participants from Turkey who are willing to discuss on this platform podiatry topics in the Turkish context. For the moment being, as far as I can see, foot care related professions from other than English-speaking countries are generally shy away from regular participation, even from habitually English-speaking countries from Northern and Central Europe.

I wonder what kind of orthotics textbooks do you have there in Turkey since this is a new specialty. Were they written by Turkish orthopaedic technicians or do you have to consult textbooks from the countries where podiatry is a long-established area of medical practice?