Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry in Germany

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by hazelnoakes, Jul 7, 2008.

1. hazelnoakes

hazelnoakes Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello all
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice regarding working as a Podiatrist in Germany.
    My partner and I are considering moving there. Allowing for the language barrier to not be an issue, what are work prospects like?
    Hazel

2. PodBear

PodBear Member

hi

from what I know foot health proffesions in germany dont have a university degree, therefor you would probably be a minority in this proffession. this could mean that there will be problems getting refferals etc.
    Im currently a podiatry student in sweden and next year me and my fellow students is going to graduate as the first with a university degree in podiatry. the podiatrist with degrees from other countries that come here has so far not been able to practice all of their competence (medications, x-rays etc) since the degree hasnt been around. I can imagine a similar situation in germany

björn englund