Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Just once in a while you get a gem!

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Rob Kidd, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.

The Giants Causeway - I was there a little over a year ago - it is lovely.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  2. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Gawd help us!

In fairness Rob, both you and the creationists should accept that the rationalist view held by our remote forefathers is the correct one. Clearly, these formations are paving stones laid out thousands of years ago by giants who wished to walk from England to Ireland and vice versa. For the truth of this statement you only have to look at the pattern of paving chosen by some people for their front driveways. In addition, there is proof in antiquity - it has been known as the Giant's Causeway for years and it is known to cross the Irish Sea from one side to the other.

I wonder why this 'alternative' view is not part of the exhibition as well as the creationist viewpoint. It's certainly just as valid!

All the best

Bill

3. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

4. wdd

wdd Well-Known Member

"Clearly these formations are pathing stones laid out thousands of years ago by giants who wished to walk from England to Ireland and vice versa..... In addition, there is proof in antiquity - it has been known as the Giants' Causeway for years and is known to cross the Irish Sea from one side to the other".

Adding to the veracity of the creationist view is the undoubted fact that this same technique was used again later in another famous and well recorded episode of walking on water.

For those who feel that this trivialises 'miracle' the miracle was that as the foot came down there was no "pathing stone" and it was only as the foot made contact with the water that the stones materialised. The instantaneous and timely creation of the causeway was the miracle or at least half the miracle.

The other half of the miracle was the instantaneous and timely removal of the causeway at least in one case. Informed opinion has it that leaving the stones lying about after the event was either the result of understandable distraction, if the miracler is/was a man or slovenly house keeping if the miracler is/was a women.

It does make you think though.

The other Bill.

5. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

I enjoyed that, thanks Rob. I must have a perfect golf ball because it fits perfectly over the surface of the sun. Lucky me (why the bast### never goes in the hole I'll never know). For our American readers, the term 'bollocks' used in the film is a pejorative description of 'cohones', 'goolies', gentlemen's wedding tackle or gonads.

All the best

Bill