Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

What I did this weekend

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Sammo, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Joplins Neuroma (jazz band)

Angle of Gisanne (heavy metal)

2. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Overriding Phalanx

Why do they all sound like Prog Rock groups?

3. Articular fusion

4. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Flexor Accessorius (weird fusion style from some remote French town)

5. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Or could do Album names:

Smokin' Lisfranc's Joint.
    Quadratus Plantae your ass down here! (Works well with a scottish accent)

Hmm, latest morphine patch seems to be working..

6. blinda

blinda MVP

7. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

See if you can get some of the oral morphine- it's a bit like bad cherry brandy.
    You wouldn't want to drink it under normal circumstances but when you're stuck in with an injury like that you have to take what you can get :drinks

Seriously, hope you recover ok

8. What have I started? Yes, blinda without an e, you did mention it. Not fair.

9. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Band name (Folkgroup)

BuggermeKinurts

Bill

10. Griff

Griff Moderator

Sam,

Got any post op x-rays for us?

Also... Can I use these pics in a presentation please mate? If it swings it I can say you did it whilst dragging the opposing number 8 over the try line in the dying seconds...

11. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Ruptured Mortice

12. footfan

footfan Active Member

Sam, Whats the ghosting over the navicular and cuboid??

13. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Hi Guys,

Below is a Preop AP view.. sorry for the quality of these.. I've use my old phone to take photo's of them as I only had films not soft copies.

Footfan: as I recall I still had my boot on when they took the xray's so guessing it was something in the boot.

Ian: Be my guest. When I last injured myself in rugby, I ruptured my ACL and tore my medial meniscus. The embarrasing thing was that I was a clear 5m away from anyone. At least this injury was done in contact.

Pre Op AP view:

[​IMG]

Post Op X-Rays:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Post Accident in A&E:

[​IMG]

Post Accident Pitchside (shortly before adrenaline wore off and I went into shock - the handbag is the wife's):

[​IMG]

14. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

LOL - I am sure the ice helped!!!

Wheres the morphine!!!!

15. Well there is the problem - magic spray if they had of used that, Sam would have kept on playing.

16. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Magic spray would've been nice.. As would have morphine.

Unfortunately the paramedics didn't give me anything (not even a stick to bite on)!

Luckily the hospital I wanted to go to was literally at the end of the road, where an orthopaedic surgeon friend of mine was awaiting with a little present.

17. Nice Xrays! Remind the physio that a fibula mobilisation is off the cards.

But the picture on the pitch! :D. Ok, I have to admit that that is cool! Foot is on backwards and you're still smiling!

Impressed. Grudgingly.

18. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Not only that, but the right goolie is clearly in evidence! I believe you now Sam - and whatever they say about alcohol and drugs, you can still drink beer!

Cheers

Bill

19. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hey Sam

Sorry mate just picked up on the thread.

Get well soon buddy, and dont forget your flying certificate from the sureon showing customs where the "legal" bits of metal are on / in your person !!:D

Get well soon my friend
    Cheers
    D;)