Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

What I did this weekend

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Sammo, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi All,

Just thought I'd share this lovely photo of the results of my weekends activities..

Result: left ankle dislocation, syndesmosis rupture and fibular fracture. Had surgery and 9 screws and a plate put in.

Will post pictures of xrays when I have them as they're quite good too.

Perhaps Rob would like to start us off with a caption competition?

Regards,

Sam

P.S. morphine patches really are quite good.

[​IMG]

2. Nice work fella. I take it the moral of this tale is- don't play rugby? Funnily enough, one our boys did something similar yesterday.

3. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Yep, gonna stick to music from here on in methinks...

4. Griff

Griff Moderator

And people wonder why I stick with golf...

Awesome injury dude

5. At my club, you'd have been fined for having your sock cut off.

My cousin got hit in the head with a golf club. But that's another story...

6. blinda

blinda MVP

Ah, the ol` Whaplode drove stroke, eh?

http://folk.uio.no/alied/TMoL.html

Ouch, Sam..get better soon.

Bel x

7. And some people wonder why anyone would choose distance running as a sport over rugby?:rolleyes: Get well soon, Sam.:drinks

8. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

I played golf with a friend a few weeks ago who got hit in the left testicle (missed his hands, leg and all other tackle except the afforementioned appendage) with a golf ball hit with a 3 wood from about 15m (very badly sliced shot). I spoke to him while I was in A&E last night and I told him I'd take my injury over his any day of the week..

Thanks for the well wishes guys..

I'll post up the xrays once I have them as I think they're quite interesting.

S

9. That is a pretty interesting angle. Nice one. :drinks

Oh, Sh!t i mean, symapthies dude:empathy: (must work on empathy.)

[​IMG]

Just for you mate ;) "The consequences of inadequate gluteal function. Few exercises will see it right".

Seriously, hope you feel better soon. Or failing that that the morphine supply holds out.

10. Your "lifters" are a bit high, and there appears to be one missing.

11. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

I trust that your orthopaedic surgeon did not know your profession, otherwise it'll remain set in that position! Did they remove the right goolie at the same time?

Hope that it all feels better now.

Bill

PS At least you have the compensation that we beat the Sawneys and England is still on for the grand slam!

PPS. Lay off the morphine and try copious pints of Old Peculier

12. blinda

blinda MVP

:good: Yep, what the pod surgeon said.

13. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

14. Nice work Sam - very impressive.

Best get in contact with Dennis you may have changed your foot type.

15. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Poor Sam :empathy:

Like I said on Facebook. 'Boys are silly.' ;)

I did exciting things this weekend too. Mine didn't involve the emergency services though. :D

Proud to introduce my new baby. Mabel. :drinks

Attached Files:

16. blinda

blinda MVP

Woah, Mand`. Don`t do FB....too many stalkers. So you spent yer money on Mabel instead of the summer school this year? :rolleyes::cool:

17. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

I am weak. Will you ever forgive me? :eek::eek:

I have wanted one for 23 years . :empathy:

Am bad. Soz. xxx

18. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong....

In my days nothing a bit of electricians tape and a few band aids wouldn't fix. In fact I'm surprised the coach let you come off, not worth spending a sub on!!!

;)

Get well soon!!!!

19. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

Ouch - nasty !:eek:

Get well soon !:empathy:

Catfoot

20. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Im the most shocked, I scrolled down expecting to see a lasses leg!

Seriously, I always assumed Sam was a girl!

I thought bugger, she's got caught without shaving her legs

21. :D

You and me both mate ;). 10 months he'd been working with me before I plucked up the courage to ask!:rolleyes:

22. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

If he isn't a bloke, she needs some serious medication, or surgery

23. footfan

footfan Active Member

LOL seriously good effort sam , atleast you can ponder for hours about what you want to include in your rehab programme .Feel better, female physios are usually fit =D

24. W J Liggins

What a sexist remark footfan! Besides, if Peter and Rob's claim is correct - and it tends to be confirmed by the apparent lack of a right goolie - she won't be interested in female physio's (necessarily).

Bit peculiar though, when I last heard her sing her voice was pitched baritone/tenor!

Bill

25. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Very sexy singing voice she has too. I seem to remember Bill, you allowed her to handle your instrument in that hotel room. :eek:

She could use some advice on her facial hair. Otherwise she's a stunner. :D Fine set of pins. Can't comment on the missing gonad. I was looking at her finely turned (ewww) ankle.

Mandy.

26. footfan

footfan Active Member

LOL sexiest when our profession is 75% female puffttttttttt impossible ;), Sam did your team atleast win the game?

27. W J Liggins

I did, and a fine caress it was too. If only I had known that he was a she!

Bill

28. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Way to go Twirls!

29. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Actually, I'm starting to question myself! I once was issued a passport from HM Passport office which had my gender down as female.. Now at that point I didn't have a beard, but had a fairly short haircut and was approaching 115kg in a semi athletic (rugby) kinda way..

When I took it back the guy at the counter got everybody around and they all had a good laugh.

But Bill, let me assure you I am in fully possession of both original testicalia.

Off to the surgeon (orthopaedic) this afternoon, so will get some photos of my foot.. and when I get around to it I'll get some xrays up. But they are currently over the other side of my living room, and not on the way to anything, so I have no real desire to make that journey just yet.. Where is the wife when you need her? Ah yes, at work.

Sam

30. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

Nice! I just sprayed my screen with hot cocoa, damn that's funny!

Sam not to detract from your injury, Godspeed

31. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Here is the xray:

[​IMG]

32. Ah, the infamous FUBAR foot type.

33. What was the cause of injury?

34. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Running, tackled from behind. Somebody fell on the tackler. My foot got caught underneath.

35. Hyper-plantarflexion. Good name for a band.

36. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

It felt like the external rotation/foot abduction was more damaging..

The Tarsal Coalition - Another good name for a band

\m/

37. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Syndesmotic Rupture

38. Axial Deviation?

39. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Planal Dominance?

40. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

FibFrac