Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

New Wart Treatment available

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by mr2pod, Jun 17, 2011.

1. mr2pod

mr2pod Active Member

2. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

Mr2pod,
    If you know Doncaster, England, (and some of the eejits that live there) like I do, you'd know that's par for the course. :D

regards

Catfoot

3. mburton

mburton Active Member

Reminds me of the old chestnut concerning the GP (when I first heard it - from Stranraer) who had no problems with regrowth from total nail avulsions - his modus operandi was to amputate the distal phalanx.:eek:

4. nick_700

nick_700 Active Member

I have another good one, I heard this from a patient who did some outreach work in the Solomon Islands. A novel approach at the time to manage plantar warts was to debride debride debride, pack the cavity with a small degree of black powder (gun powder) and...ignite.

Picture that if you will.

5. mburton

mburton Active Member

OMG! No clinical governance there then!

6. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

Dear All,

What concerns me most is that i believe that none of the t/t modalities are evidence based.

Just having anecdotal evidence that the lesion resolved after the t/t is insufficient in these current times.

I am still aghast at the complete lack of professionalism of the clinicians detailed above.

I doubt that they are Degree trained or HPC reg.

Wow imagine the HPC hearing if they were HPC reg and called to a hearing.

David

tongue firmly in cheek:drinks

7. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

hi ime thinking of running a course in shotgun wart removal all attendees must provide 1 dozen cartridges no 6 shot for the less robust lady practitioners a 4/10 shotgun will be provided as there is no recoil. if this basic course is successfull iwill run an advanced course in sarasota where i have a 9 mill browning and an ak 47 which are both excellent for multiple vps especially in automatic mode all attendees must sign a disclaimer.

8. nick_700

nick_700 Active Member

where do i sign up fishpod? also will there be an endorsement program in the use of plastic explosive for recalcitrant veruccae?

9. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

yes nick your onto something there i suggest a combination therapy plastique and ball bearings this product is marketed as the claymore mine it should prove more than a match for them pesky warts