Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

IVO 2012 Sydney

Discussion in 'Conferences' started by Phil Rees, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Phil Rees

Phil Rees Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I'd like to offer my congratulations and thanks to the organisers of the IVO 2012 meeting for their extraordinary hard work in organising what was an outstanding meeting. I'd particularly like to mention the work of Karl-Heniz Schott, Casper Ozinga
    and Ernie Tye for their masterful management skills.

The outstanding presentations from Dr Lakshmi Shankhdhar and Ernesto Castro were nothing short of inspirational, bringing into sharp focus the dreadful plight of Diabetes amongst native Indigenous cultures in the USA and India.
    A wonderful meeting .... superb presentations .... excellent take home messages .... well worth travelling half way round the world to take part.

well done to all ...

2. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

Hey Phil, l agree, it was very good, a few more there than l thought we would have:D

Your right, Dr Lakshmi Shankhdhar presentation was brilliant, talk about thinking outside the square, l am sure his solution will find its way into other indigenous barefoot populations dealing with similar issues.

3. footpower

footpower Active Member

Thank you Phil for coming and your contribution.

Dr. LK Shankhdhar has presented globally on Diabetes, but the first time in Australia. Ernesto Castro is a North American Pedorthic Legend. I am grateful for both to have travelled to speak at the IVO2012.

It was great to have you attend. We had attendees from 16 countries and many exhibitors that were the first time in Australia. It was the result of team work, great support from national member organisation and the good work of our event company.

The next congress IVO2015 will be closer to home for you, in France. I am looking forward to seeing you there. We are planning to have an Australian group to travel to France to the IVO2015.

4. Phil Rees

Phil Rees Active Member

Karl
    I was just delighted to share a platform with Dennis Janisse, a man who's work I've admired and respected for many years. For me that was a real thrill.

5. footpower

footpower Active Member

Dennis Janisse is the global traveller in Pedorthic training. He just came back from West Africa before he joined us at the IVO2012. We were very privileged that he made the effort to travel around the world back to back to come and see us at the IVO2012.