Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Unilateral toe walking advice

Discussion in 'Pediatrics' started by curly71, Aug 10, 2009.

1. curly71

curly71 Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice regarding this child. I have not actually seen this child
    in clinic yet but her mum ( a friend) has rang with great concern for her 15 month old girl.
    She walked when she was 11 mths old (has been walking for 4 mths), but will not let her right heel touch the ground.
    She wore prewalkers for about the first month of walking but will no longer wear shoes.
    She walks a heel-toe gait on the left but toe walks on the right.
    Pregnancy was normal, caesarean birth.
    Has a sister with no anomalies.
    I have asked her mum to palpate around the heel area and I've got the feedback that her 15 month old will not let this occur, pulls foot away.
    Her mum intends to bring the child for assessment this week, I have never seen a child this young so any advice and guidance would be welcome.

Cheers,
    Curly

2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

Re: Toe walking