Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Which Lab do you use for your orthotics?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by KBruce, Jan 28, 2009.

1. KBruce

KBruce Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Dear all

I work in the NHS and have had the choice of Lab we use for our orthotics decided by my boss. Currently we use Salts but previously we used Langer. Both were ok, but I have had to send back several pairs to both owing to manufacturing errors over the time we used them.
    As I am now working privately and can choose for myself I was wondering if anyone had any specific recomendations and reasons for using them?

Thanks for your help

Kevin

2. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin

For many years I made my own devices (using various plastics, carbon composites and sometimes pure carbon fibre). For various reasons I decided to pass the labour to someone else and so for the past few years have been using Allied OSI in the States. By the time you add postage it is slightly more pricey than UK ones but always been satisfied. They do have a UK contact and base who deals with the Admin, actual shipping and currency exchange rates etc, so this bit is not a concern for us.

Cheers
    Ian

3. Karen Knightly

Karen Knightly Active Member

Hi Kevin,

I also use Allied OSI in the USA and have done for years. The main reason being that their standard and quality is very high and it is very rare that mistakes are made. The overall appearance of their devices is of a high quality and I find contributes to patient compliance. They also do adjustments free of charge within 90 days and they are also one of the few Labs who do triaxial posting.

Karen

4. Kevin L

Kevin L Welcome New Poster

Please help me out here, What is a Triaxial Post?:confused:

5. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  6. David Smith

David Smith Well-Known Member

Kevin B

I reckon you'de have to go a long way to beat Talar Made for foot orthoses
    I've never had to return one because of poor fitting and I've never had to adjust one to improve comfort. I've tried many others including Langer, RS and Bergman but Talar Made are the Bees Knees.

Dave Smith

7. Graham

Graham RIP

I use PARIS orthotics in Vancouver. They now supply to the UK.

They make a superb product and have an understanding of most Biomechanical theories. They have accommodated my peculiar quirks well. I have yet to find a Lab that can better them

Parisorthotics.com