Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

strange search facility

Discussion in 'Podiatry Arena Help, Suggestions and Comments' started by David Smith, Jan 6, 2011.

1. David Smith

David Smith Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Admin

I've yet to fathom out how the search facility in Pod Arena works. Usually I find it's quicker to type key words into Google and then pick out the Podiatry arena threads from that list.

For instance today I typed key words 'Virtual Receptionist'. One might assume that any thread entitled Virtual receptionist might be at the top of the list but no, it's at the bottom of the first page.

What or how, is it that the search function actually searches?

Regards Dave Smith

2. Thought it was just me. Rarely use the search facility - even keywords like "medial tibia stress syndrome" or "hypocure" throw up bizarre results - posts or threads. Is there a secret password?

3. Nope, don't use it either for the reasons outlined. As I recall Craig did a how to use podiatry arena video in which he showed how to use the search and also how to search the arena via google...

Anyway, wot no calendar this year, Mark? Only been back at work two days and patients are already asking questions regarding "that lovely calendar you had last year"....:rolleyes: Empty space on my wall, should I fill it with the "taxifast calendar" I received? As the father in-law no-longer gets the Pirelli Calendar: he retired too many years ago from them (I' do have a collection of them spanning back many, many years under my bed that he gave to me (what else do you do with them?)) I was thinking: The Sun: Page 3 stunnazzz calendar 2011 might be the way to go, but I'm not sure....

4. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

The search functions of the bulletin software is very limited. It will search for all words typed into the search box and, unlike google, does not rank them in any sort of order. It will find all mentions of the word, regardless of context.

Use the search function in the Apture toolbar that appears at the top of the page when you scroll down ...it pretty good at ranking the search results and giving results with the word in context.

Or use the google site: operator. To use the type the following into google search box:

Word1 word2 word3 site:www.podiatry-arena.com

That instructs google to search for those words only at podiatry arena an the sophisticated ranking algorithm at google will place them in some sort of meaningful order.

5. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Just a thought............

Is it possible to replace the current 'search' facility with the Google one you indicate as a one click search feature on the top tool bar on Pod' A'?

I don't know if this is a possibility, just thought I would be cheeky & ask anyway.

Regards,

Mandy.

6. It's in the post wee man - had sent them out from the surgery during the big freeze but one of our girls decided to keep them in the boot of her car as there was major delays in the mail at the time. You know what women are like - give 'em an inch and they take another eight. I had them back Sunday but have been bedridden with the plague until this afternoon when I took them round myself. You might get it toimorrow and when you do can I suggest you open it with some disposable gloves and bin the wrapping paper - or send it onto your local MP, if you're feeling mischeivous. HNY :drinks

7. Craig:

Excellent tip!! I tried it and it works great. Much, much better than the "search" bar at the top of the Podiatry Arena page that only helps me on rare occasion.

May I suggest, Craig, that you put this hint in the search button section of Podiatry Arena so that when we need to use it again, we can remember the proper format for Google.

Thanks!

8. blinda

blinda MVP

Received mine today. Thanks Mark. Brilliant pics :drinks

Cheers,
    Bel

9. Got mine today too. Thanks Mark, but apparently you took one of the photo's on Skye from the wrong place! Or so said one of my patients who grew up there.:D

10. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Feel so left out & unloved. :sinking:

Woe, woe, woe is me................

<sniffs LOUDLY>

Bernard.......X

11. blinda

blinda MVP

Aww, No worries Mand`. :empathy: Now Simon has no need for his stunnazzz calendar, I`m sure he`ll gladly send it your way.

Cheers,
    Miss July

12. Bernard, I'm not necessarily ready to give up my page 3 stunnazz calendar, but you can have my Taxifast Plymouth calendar, if you'd like it.

13. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Wow! That would be 'mazin Mr. Dr. Spooner Sir.

2 Questions.

1. Is it unstained? :rolleyes:

2. Does Ms July appear draped across the bonnet of a Merc' ,scantily clad in pink scrubs?

Yours,

A very excited Bernie :drinks

14. Bernard, in answer to both of your questions: you've obviously never been to Plymouth, have you.

15. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Sadly I am not permitted to cross the border.

I am ashamed to admit I was born with a dreadful deformity...................

Having only 10 fingers & 10 toes I cannot obtain the necessary visa.

Shucks :eek:

Yours,

geographically restricted, Bern'

16. Glad they arrived - Twirls - will reserve a copy gladly but you might have to travel to collect! Playing a gig last saturday of January quite close to you I believe - one or two Arena faithfuls already in attendance - will send you details and hope to see you there. Can you sing?

17. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hmm,

Depends if you want the room cleared quickly. ;)

Some people just don't know raw talent when they hear it!

:rolleyes:

18. Royal Arms, Ryal Fold, Tockholes - just north of Darwen Tower. 8pm. Don't be late!

19. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Close!

Driving directions to Northcote

Suggested routes

1. 1.
      1 hour 49 mins
      M62
      92.6 mi
    2. 2.
      1 hour 51 mins
      A628
      76.6 mi
    3. 3.
      1 hour 54 mins
      M62 and M61
      103 mi
    - more info »

[​IMG]Mexborough, Doncaster
    UK

[​IMG]

1. Head south toward Main St

46 ft

2. Exit the roundabout onto Hartley St

410 ft

3. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A6023Go through 1 roundabout

1.2 mi

4. Turn left at Pastures Rd

1.1 mi

5. Continue onto Melton Mill Ln

0.7 mi

6. Turn right at Hangman Stone Rd

1.9 mi

7. Continue onto Blacksmiths Ln

0.2 mi

8. Turn right at Barnsley Rd/A635

0.9 mi

9. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A1(M) ramp to M62/Wetherby

0.1 mi

10. Merge onto A1(M)

2.7 mi

11. Continue onto A1

2.6 mi

12. Continue onto A1(M)

7.2 mi

13. At junction 41, exit onto M62 toward Manchester/Leeds

47.1 mi

14. Take the M66 exit toward Bury/Blackburn

0.2 mi

15. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the M66 ramp to Bury/Burnley/Blackburn

0.5 mi

16. Merge onto M66

8.4 mi

17. Continue onto A56Go through 1 roundabout

8.9 mi

18. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A6068 heading to Clitheroe/Whalley/Padiham/A671

1.6 mi

19. Turn left at Whalley Rd/A671Continue to follow A671

2.9 mi

20. Turn right at Accrington Rd/A680Continue to follow Accrington Rd

0.6 mi

21. Continue onto A671

0.9 mi

22. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A59Go through 1 roundabout

2.7 mi

23. Turn right at Northcote Rd

141 ft

24. Slight right

148 ft

[​IMG]Northcote
    Northcote Rd
    Langho, Blackburn, Lancashire BB6 8BE

Close!!!

'Tis miles away :eek:

Goodness Mark I will have to fire up the flying piggy to get there :pigs:

<sob> Am guessing no prettyful calendar for me this year. :boohoo:

20. blinda

blinda MVP

Pft. :rolleyes: Thought it was meant to be us Southerners who are soft? I travel further to get my hair done! :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  21. Yeah come on Twirls it's just a wee breeze across the hills. Excellent ales and home made pie and peas - what more can a girl ask for????

22. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

I don't 'do' pie.

Am a classy burd me tha' knows!

I'll have a consultation wi' me driver .

Is it an evening of classical recital?

I'll dig out me gown ;)

23. blinda

blinda MVP

Hmmm. Not what i recall. Mad O`Rourkes Pie Factory? :rolleyes:

24. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Shh Bel' I want them all to think I got this spectacular bod' from exercise & veg'.

;) X

25. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Err I know you have had a lot of snow Mark but how much longer should I wait by the letterbox for mine ???????:rolleyes:?:D

HNY to you to
    Cheers
    D ;)

26. I have an extra special one just for you Del - it'll be with you tonight via the email equivalent of the brown paper wrapping!!

27. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Coo Fanks Mark, cant wait !!:D!!

D ;-)