Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Cluffy wedge

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by phytopod, Feb 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. phytopod

phytopod Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all out there, just joined Pod Arena and I wanted to know what you think of the Cluffy Wedge. Ithought the concept was good but would like to know if anyone could share their experience having used it. look forward to reading you!:morning:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. goofyfoot360

goofyfoot360 Member

3. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  4. Sally Smillie

Sally Smillie Active Member

I was introduced to them by our very own Mr Craig Payne at a BMX Bootcamp. I have since used them twice and my patients loved them. I did one in just poron, and the other I needed some more depth, so I did 2-3mm of a firmer material and topped with 3mm of poron. Worked a treat. Far less bulky than alternative devices. Double thumbs up from me! Thanks Craig

5. neilmalc

neilmalc Member

Like Sally, I became more aware of them at Craig's bootcamp.

They seem to work very well and patients don't seem to mind having that extra piece of material under the hallux.

I tend to use a small piece of EVA wedge strip rather than buying the expensive preformed ones that are available .

Hope this helps,

Neil.

6. Merdad80

Merdad80 Welcome New Poster

Is there a difference between a Kinetic Wedge and a Cluffy Wedge.
    thanks

7. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Yes, they are different:

Attached Files:

8. Merdad80

Merdad80 Welcome New Poster

So the kinetic wedge drops the met head and Dori-flexes the proximal phalanx. The Cluffy wedge tapers from proximal to distal and pre loads the hallux.
    Are they both effective.
    Thanks for your response.
    I am so happy to find the site. I do to have local podiatrists who are interested in biomechanics
    Art