Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Ashes 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by mike weber, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Fair play to them:drinks

2. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Can I play the peacemaker here Mark & Steve?

The Aussies are usually good losers - as I found when I visited there, they can dish it out, but they do enjoy it when they get it back (verbally, since I haven't played since schooldays). However, their team is currently in need of restructuring and they have suffered probably their worst loss against England in the entire history of the Ashes series. It's hardly surprising that they are bruised and frustrated and that has given rise to some unfortunate reactions. However, knowing their history, I have no doubt that they will regroup and return with a stronger team, just as England had to.

Most true followers of the game agree that the best Ashes series was when Freddie Flintoff and Shane Warne bowled so well for their respective teams and the result was in doubt until the last gasp (I would have said that even if the result had been Australian win). Close matches are good for cricket and provide far more entertainment than the current series in which England outclassed the Aussies, or on the regrettably frequent occasions in the past when Australia outclassed England.

Anyway, I'm putting down my bottle of oil which I've tried to pour on troubled waters, in favour of my bottle of Aussie Shiraz which I will drink at 10.00pm when the highlights are on the box!

All the best

Pommie Bastard Bill

PS I'm really looking forward to Aggers being forced to do the sprinkler dance!

3. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

Goodaye Bill, just got to draw a big line between cheating (ball tampering and though not cheating but ethically on same level bowling underarm on the last ball) and exuberance / gamesmanship (Hughes reaction and both slips cordons), Sri Lanka and then India this year. The Indian series should be excellent!

4. W J Liggins

Hi Mark

Like all here in Pommieland, I was appalled by Atherton's ball tampering and he received precisely what he deserved - he was kicked out and now has to live with the shame. As you mention, this sort of thing is not unknown on the Indian sub-continent and in my view all cheats should be treated in the same way.

Pommie Bastard Bill

PS Every cloud has a silver lining. I did enjoy my Shiraz, and at least the bar owners in Sidney gained some benefit from the England victory!

5. W J Liggins

Well The Aussies stuffed us for once!

T/20 may not be real cricket but it certainly makes for exciting games. Bring on the next (England victory)!

Pommie Bastard Bill

6. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

'day Bill, my financial investments in the near future will be primarily English cricket wins over the Aus, they're far better than what the Aus have methinks, mark