Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Keys To Orthotic Modifications For Patients Who Work On Their Feet

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by Kevin Kirby, Oct 10, 2014.

1. efuller

efuller MVP

Interesting. A split right down the middle on whether to give prolonged standers a more rigid or a more flexible shell or higher or lower arch.

Eric

2. Yeah, I noticed that. Oh well, they only wanted my opinion so that's what I gave them.

3. efuller

efuller MVP

I wonder if it is a question of perspective. Would all agree on the same height, but some of you think that height is high and others would think it is low? Just musing.

Eric

4. Dananberg

Dananberg Active Member

Hi Kevin and Eric,

Did you get to discuss shoes in that article?

I have found that treating the mailman is very different than treating a chef or toll collector. Standing is far more difficult to manage than walking.

Using clog like shoes for those is tend to stand or only walk a limited amount was quite beneficial. For those who actually walk all day, clogs did not work well and they require a more athletic type shoe instead.

Just continuing the muse!

Howard

5. Howard:

They just gave a list of questions about modifications of orthoses for different types of workers and we answered them. I did list some shoe information which I use in my practice in my answers in the article. However, they seemed more interested in orthosis modifications. About 30-40% of my practice is treating worker's compensation injuries so I talk about shoes all day with these people. I agree that shoes are critical to good treatment success.

6. Ross Walker

Ross Walker Member

hi kevin,,

sorry to break off topic.. But are your Precision Intricast books still available to buy?

thanx
    ross walker