Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

The Deep Freeze

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Mark Russell, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Don't they teach housewifery at Roedean then?

2. Snowed in? Oh c'mon! Don't they have shovels in winchester ;)?

3. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

ITS JUST STARTED SNOWING AGAIN !!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH:craig:

4. SHUT UP!!! NO IT HASN'T!!!! ITS FINISHED!! FINISHED I TELL YOU!!!

5. Now your just showing off and rubbing salt into my wounds. Put the salt on the road instead.

6. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

OK OK calm down so its stopped again !!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeezz your soooooooooo temperemental at times Isaacs:rolleyes: !!

Now Si, rub salt in your wounds ??

WOULD I?? :D

Actually it does look nice and very festive and and and...;)

Cheers
    D ;)

7. I might have to switch on the central heating if the forecast for next week is accurate - the Met Office are suggesting -25C to -30C by Wednesday. Nice!! Not much snow in the Lakes yet but plenty ice. And "rip-off-Britain" runs true to form. I ordered a set of snow tyres 3 weeks ago and paid £45 each inc delivery - just checked the website today and they're now selling for £138.99

8. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Ian G and all

Pictures from my golf club website

http://www.woodcotepgc.com/index.la...fa&catid=51bb3769876a1858&mp=e61bdf6dfb6c8a5c

What a difference a day makes ( and night) a massive thaw has happened with 2 thirds of the snow gone despite the weather forcast of double fugure freezing!

Isaacs the sooth sayer

Perhaps he has missed his true vocation?? He got the forcast ACCURATE !!

Cheers
    D ;-)

9. Griff

Griff Moderator

10. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

The flag stick still bears the scars where the ball hit it so hard I believe !!! :D

I'll look forward to it mate
    Cheers
    D ;-)

11. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence well sort of.

Thank your lucky stars you don´t live in Siberia minus 71.2 Celsius over the weekend.

Ive been minus 31.1 Celsius and that was cold hate to think about minus 71.2

12. More of the same, please! Nice to see some Norwegian climbers on the Ben this weekend - seemingly better conditions in Scotland than in Scandinavia presently. Not sure that will comfort some commuters in central Scotland tonight though - with many spending the night in their cars after being caught in blizzards on the way to work early Monday morning.....;)

Attached Files:

13. Graham

Graham RIP

Off to Kenora, Northern Ontario this afternoon. A balmy -18c today going down to -24 by Sunday. Can't wait for my next trip in February!

14. Graham

Graham RIP

Up In Sunny Kenora!

-24c going to -29C!

Off to a Native Healing Circle and a Sweat Lodge!

Enjoy the weekend!

15. ameliaunderwood

ameliaunderwood Welcome New Poster

did I see this photo on UKC - top ten no less

16. Graham

Graham RIP

Chatting up a couple of Belgians in Kenora. -28c!

Attached Files:

17. Top marks wel spotted! You been out much?

18. ameliaunderwood

ameliaunderwood Welcome New Poster

surprisingly so (dispite being shackled to to NHS) - had some really clear aplinesque days in north wales and lakes walking - not yet been climbing will be heading to glen coe in feb to freeze my arse of on a belay somewhere scary :)

http://climbing.me.uk/Crafnant/slides/P1100251.html

19. This is coming from arlanda airport. We have missed our flight home due to the snow. We hope to still get to oz for xmas, but not looking good. My 1st time home in nearly 5 years and oliver was to meet his grandparents, still hope to get there but at this stage . I hate snow . Ill let you kmow how it goes, cross your fingers for us.

20. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

We Got EVERYTHING crossed for you fella

Be Lucky
    Cheers
    D ;-)

21. Thanks mate

22. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Your Welcome buddy
    Cheers
    D ;-)

23. Griff

Griff Moderator

Wish me luck too Del - I've got a 12 o'clock tee off time for tomorrow which the weather is threatening...

24. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Wi
    Wot are you bloody MAD ????:eek:??

Take a shovel with you as well mate you can dig yer balls out of the snow !!! (especially if it's very deep) !!:rolleyes:!!

Cheers Buddy
    D ;-)

25. Travel update _ try again on monday flights changed xmas still a go.

26. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Good Luck mate, still got everything crossed for you .... getting really hard to walk though !!:D

Cheers
    ;)D

27. blinda

blinda MVP

Holding thumbs....

28. Thanks Del and Bel,

Just booked on flight which arrives in the evening of Christmas Eve, so Christmas is still on. But if someone to stop the snow till after we leave it would be good.

29. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Just

Were keeping as much of it here as we can mate :eek:

Good luck ( I'll have a word with Witchy poos Bel and see if she can think of a spell to stop it for you:empathy: )

Cheers

D;)

30. blinda

blinda MVP

They dressed me up like this....

Just for you Del, ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  31. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

32. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hi Si

I havent worked since last tuesday coz the council wont salt my road and pavements, it is like glass as we speak. I understand you had a bashing up with the snow today and the resulting traffic chaos.Hope you managed to salvage a list ??
    Nothing worse than sitting around waiting for patients to turn up with big gaps in the day.

Must be getting ready for me to come down at Xmas :rolleyes:

Cheers
    D;-)

33. Think we should be taking lessons from our Russian comrades on how to enjoy the seasonal weather

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  34. How much vodka was drunk during the design stage of that one you think?

Alot !!!!!!!!!

35. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hi All

Anyone know if Michal got to Oz for Christmas ??

Just so I can uncross everything now

Cheers
    D ;-)

36. Sorry Del.

made it thanks for the thumbs and everything crossed by Bel and Del

Had a nice Christmas, Ill send through some photos of the opposite of deep freeze soonish.

Happy new year

Del and Bel ( rhymes both ways):D

37. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

:DWell Done

And have a great 2011 yourself fella, all you wish for you and yours may all your wishes come true

Cheers
    D ;-)

ps look forward to the pics

38. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

Brrrr.....it's a balmy -35c here right now. (-44c with the windchill)

39. Sole Man

Sole Man Welcome New Poster

And to think I was almost missing the snow!

40. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

Now it's -49c with the windchill!