Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Australian Podiatry Institute

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Admin2, Jan 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

What happens theoretically if as a Podiatrist and as a member I don't agree with the "quality" of the brands they have chosen to endorse? I mean I am just going out on a limb here but there is no transparency in the endorsement process as I cant find any documentation outlining exactly "how" a product is tested besides "Three Association members" get to review it and "The Board" (ONE Podiatrist, ONE ACCOUNTANT and an EX EO) has a final say... I wonder if the "costs" are the same for each company who is seeking endorsement, considering there is no outlining of fee's I would imagine not! I wonder what other Board Directors of APodA(NSW) think about this - as honestly how this ever got past a round table board discussion is beyond me!

2. JulieGoodall

JulieGoodall Welcome New Poster

Despite the seriousness of this thread, It has provided me a good giggle. I must admit I did a double take when I first saw the add wondering what I had missed. Obviously I am not the only one.
    I am however glad to know that there are experienced Podiatrists in NSW and I have learnt what to look for when next I get my beef order.

3. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

For that matter Paul, l as a Certified Pedorthist/footwear maker/footwear retailer shake my head in disbelieve when people give out endorsements without real standards being adhered to, such as the standards laid down by S.A.T.R.A.

The endorsement needs to be clear as to what they are endorsing the product for and quality l dont believe is in their realm of expertise to asses.:empathy:

Do they even know what the bond test rating should be and how are they testing this? Flex testing? and no thats not a test of how well the sole bends in their hand when they pick it up.
    The real question is, What are they actually endorsing? Where can we find the list of what was assessed?
    "Brand X got an endorsement because the box was a nice blue colour"???

Dare l ask, do they know the difference between an Oxford and a Derby;) Lets not go there again...

4. CJPWA

CJPWA Member

So Apodc don't know anything about the structure ? But remind you each state association is independent and beyond their influence. sounds like a load of Angus B S.
    Ask the questions , they should be accountable .

5. APodC

APodC Active Member

Pleasingly a recent meeting between the APodC and APodA NSW reinforced a commitment by everyone to working collaboratively in the interest of the profession and members nationally. We've created a new APodC committee with the API, ApodA NSW and other APodA Presidents to work up a model that creates collaboration and cohesion. The first meeting is next week and we're looking forward to working together for the benefit of all members.

Cheers,
    Damian.

6. CJPWA

CJPWA Member

Are the Api now a member of apodc, since they are on the apodc committee ? Interesting to see how that work, equal say, equal votes . Will Api be sharing profits with the other states ?

7. APodC

APodC Active Member

As you know CJPWA, the APodC has five member associations that all have similar objects. All people on the committee are members of their respective association and bring a valuable perspective to the table. The important thing however is that there is a genuine desire to work together to find a collaborative solution that benefits all members. I look forward to reporting the outcome to members once the committee finishes its work.

8. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

APodC - how does this differ to the way you handled the "Podiatrist Approved" issue a few years back? Similar issue - different outcome?

9. Chook

Chook Member

How's the committee meetings progressing? Any outcomes yet? Australian Podiatry Institute website declares :
    I thought that was what APodC was providing? If a state association has no faith in APodC's process and doesn't believe in supporting their national body this is of great concern !:sinking:

10. APodC

APodC Active Member

Hi Chook,

The committee is progressing but anything that needs good consultation takes time, particularly when we have the largest national conference we've ever held, a fantastic new insurance offer, the launch of practice accreditation and a new career framework as our key priorities at the moment. There is a strong desire by all states to come together to get it worked through for the benefit of members nationally and in the interests of the profession.

Cheers,
    Damian.

11. Chook

Chook Member

Any update yet? Would hope that the national conference would have provided an ideal opportunity to kickstart this issue.

12. thinkfeet

thinkfeet Member

How is the ApodC going? I think it's been 5 months now (minimum).

13. APodC

APodC Active Member

We didn't start the committee till late Feb but we're working on it together. Federated structures mean getting agreement from all stakeholders which takes time.

14. Chook

Chook Member

Do you mean to say that you need to wait for an ApodC board meeting to get agreement to send an email to APodA (NSW) asking to "please explain"

15. APodC

APodC Active Member

Hi Chook. If you read back over this thread you'll see that there has been a committee formed in Feb by the APodC that all member associations were invited to participate in. NSW agreed to stop any new agreements under API while the committee concludes its work as they agree that we all need to collaborate and work together for the sake of the profession; a sentiment I'm sure grass roots members support. That committee is working through the various options to maintain a single national program.

16. Chook

Chook Member

This is the information that I have looking for that is not in previous posts. That NSW agreed to halt new agreements under API. That NSW obviously has control and influence over API. Thanks for answering my questions