Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Revisit: barefoot vs shod running

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by NewsBot, Apr 29, 2008.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This is a letter in the current NZ Medical Journal:
    Barefoot running and walking: the pros and cons based on
    current evidence

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2008
  2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. NewsBot

Articles:
    Biomechanical and physiological comparison of barefoot and two shod conditions in experienced barefoot runners.
    Squadrone R, Gallozzi C.
    J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2009 Mar;49(1):6-13.

4. Steve The Footman

Steve The Footman Active Member

I would be more interested in how barefoot running and the five fingers shoes affected runners who were inexperienced at barefoot running. I wonder if 8 was a big enough sample size?

5. NewsBot

Articles:
    Popular Mechanics has this storÿ:
    The Running Shoe Debate: How Barefoot Runners are Shaping the Shoe Industry
    Full article

6. DrPod

DrPod Active Member

I have to say thanks to Podiatry Arena for this resource. This is an issue that comes up in my clinic from time to time; here at Podiatry Aena you get exposed to all the pros and cons and at a minimum develop a well informed view (as opposed to a fanatical view) on the topic. Thanks guys!