Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

What Is Your Favourite Youtube Video?

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by admin, Sep 25, 2007.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

OMG

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. MelbPod

MelbPod Active Member

This really is hard to believe!! is true though

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  3. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

Very clever!

4. markjohconley

the oil spill that had to happen

5. This is a classic put a smile on my dial this morning.

6. Just realised when you embed you dont get the story. The above clip is at sign school for the non deaf. It is a class assignment.

7. footdrcb

footdrcb Active Member

Admin Administrator About:
    Marketplace reputation 0% (0)

What is your favourite YouTube video?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUdMEe4DmyQ

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  8. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

9. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

10. Its A bit of a divergence from the usual favourite youtube stuff, but I like it. Dangerously close to being culture, so if you're hoping for knob jokes I'm afraid its not that.

The poem is by William Blake, written as a prologue to Edward IV. Several hundred years old, but horribly relevant in today's sad world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWqQ9uwqQxk

11. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

Star Wars meets Snatch - I think this is very funny.. but not every one will :wacko:

If you want knob jokes watch this.. Lots of swearing though.. so not safe for work.. Unless you work for yourself.

12. Nice one Sam - people do have too much time on their hands though..

13. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Continuing the Star Wars theme

14. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Forget all this nonsense, it's business time - watch it until the end

15. Greg Quinn

Greg Quinn Active Member

16. I've Showed this to a few of my friends.

The married ones get it :D;)

17. Ok, so not podiatry, but I saw this when I found the vandenboss video.

It appears to be carried out in somebodies living room. Presumably this is how they make their fun stateside if they don't have cable. "Come on over, we're bursting uncle bob tonight!"

18. markjohconley

The wife couldn't believe i watched this as i was tucking down my mornin' porridge.
    We are a hard lot aren't we.
    Always gets me when nurses go "yuck how do you do feet", yeah right, vomit, diarrhoea, fistulas!

19. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much OK with everything, but that grossed me out, I must confess.

Nice one Rob!

20. Orthican

Orthican Active Member

21. Tim Foran

Tim Foran Active Member

22. Tim Foran

Tim Foran Active Member

23. markjohconley

24. antipodean

antipodean Active Member

There is so much stuff on youtube and whilst there are any number of father ted clips I just can't go past william hague singing lyrics to the STAR WARS theme tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Q3AS3HOtw

=z4Q3AS3HOtw

25. markjohconley

26. Cows with guns. Legend.

And Mr Potus. with mad skillz

27. halifax

halifax Member

28. BEN-HUR

BEN-HUR Well-Known Member

"potholer54"... poor excuse for a "hero"... anyway, whatever rocks one's boat I suppose :sinking:.

On a different tangent - here is an educational video ;)... maybe we can formulate a Podiatry Arena alternative :wacko: ... maybe to further confuse that breed of runner who seems to get so much Arena attention & who succumb to any naturalistic persuasion to propagate misguided/misinterpreted science... including going "bare" as a panacea for all running related woes (if you get my drift :cool:).

I give you the Retroincabulator...

It's surprising the amount of videos posted on this thread which now isn't available for viewing anymore.

29. halifax

halifax Member

Oh thank God its available soon!

30. halifax

halifax Member

And I love one of the comments to this clip on Youtube:

"Here's why this is such bull****. If you want to prevent side-fumbling, any competent engineer worth his salt knows that you need tri-lateral dehypothecranyon while supplying a high level of current to the bi-directional tertiary generator. Otherwise your stators will go into a state of hypothermic failure and you run the risk of rupturing the main encabulator's ability to replenish its supply of dynamic phase resistors. You know what happens then genius? Try explaining to your boss why he need"

31. David Widdowson

David Widdowson Active Member

Well now you mention it I think your probably right, only probably though!

32. BEN-HUR

Here is some background info on the "Retroincabulator" video...

An Interview with Mike Kraft:

Here is the "Retroincabulator" video transcription:

33. halifax

halifax Member

Thanks for this. I'm obsessed now!

34. markjohconley

Goodaye Matt, please, why?, reasons please, mark

35. BEN-HUR

Hi Mark, I thought about your question for a while. I must admit, you have every right to name a "hero" of whom you see fit. Yet, "hero" is a subjective term (I think we can both agree on that)... what you deem a "hero" could be quite different to what I would classify as a "hero". We also may have different standards on the qualities of someone who should attract "hero" status. I suppose I could stop on this point alone but this issue deserves a bit more clarification.

It is interesting that we humans seem to have some void inside of us that seem to attract a need for a hero... to gravitate towards a champion of a cause. I feel a hero is not just someone you simply admire or respect... or has an "informed/educated" opinion which supports one’s world view. A hero is a very distinct person (i.e. one who has acted great service to humanity without expectation of material gain & sometimes at personal risk). Obviously you resonate with the views exclaimed by the individual in question within his videos. Whilst I may agree with some of his points (in that particular video cited i.e. "Global Change" – of which parts of the series was well put together), I have come across many I don’t agree with (i.e. based on science & logic). But let’s face it, when all said & done... they are just his opinions (which doesn’t constitute as fact) within just videos on YouTube. Beside the fact that I may find some of his opinions either shallow &/or biased/ignorant/cynical/contradicting, I feel individuals expressing any personal views in videos should also accomplish actions which show exceptional qualities (i.e. courage, bravery, upholds integrity/truth) before they can attract hero status... but like I said in the post in question... "whatever rocks one’s boat I suppose". Having said this, I probably should have kept my personal view of your choice of "hero" to myself – be that as it may; it’s just that I think you can obtain a more worthy hero than that.

P.S... I purposely haven’t directly cited material I have issue with from this individual, as to do so would further propagate such fallacies & potentially send this thread in a direction that the thread starter didn’t intend. However, I will say that the intricate physics he interestingly outlined in the "Climate Change" video should at least leave him to be open to an alternative position to their ultimate causation & subsequent purpose. That said, we should be both thankful that the topic of "Climate Change" is at least allowed to have more than one alternative hypothesis/theory open for consideration/investigation... for hence the potential for greater enlightenment to occur. I must also thank you Mark for bringing this topic up, as the topic of "Global Change" (with the subsequent science & scientist interpretation either side of the debate) is (ironically) a great comparative analogy to another topic of interest (well, for me at least).
    All the best.

I can’t help but wonder if the causative factors/physics (i.e. solar irradiance) that affect global climate could also have an effect on radio isotopes? (& hence the bankrupt conjecture of uniformitarianism)... & at 7-8min. at video 5 of the series – there is an answer :). Has there been a case of "bad science" within the "Climate Change" topic... well according to the videos – apparently so.

36. BEN-HUR

Just came across this video today. Has some very interesting points... worth pondering over...

... then came across this one, by the same publisher - "vsauce". Being that right at this very moment you are on the internet, probably on a computer of sorts... the following stats may be of interest to you...

37. Phil3600

Phil3600 Active Member

38. BEN-HUR

I'm a Star Wars fan (even have Star Wars models in my lounge room i.e. X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Snowspeeder ). I was a bit too young when Star Wars - Episode 4 (which was the 1st instalment - Star Wars fans know what I mean) came out in 1977. When Empire Strikes Back - Episode 5 came out (1980) I was taken to the cinema for my birthday only to be turned away as the ticket line went down the street & around the corner.

Yet I was captured by the scope & imagination of the films which was inspiring. I recently found a fascinating documentary on Star Wars which is in itself inspiring as it reveals the extent of scope & imagination that actually occurred & was needed behind the scenes. The degree of adversities that had to be overcome & the belief in one's (George Lucas) vision to finish the project makes for really interesting viewing for Star Wars fans... as well as those who may not have not got it... yet :eek: .

I've only got up to part 10 & there looks to be at least 13 or 14 parts. Here is part 1 to get the ball rolling... happy viewing over the weekend!...