Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Plantar fascia softens with age and in plantar fasciitis

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by NewsBot, Mar 2, 2011.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Sonoelastography of the Plantar Fascia.
    Wu CH, Chang KV, Mio S, Chen WS, Wang TG.
    Radiology. 2011 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print]

2. Maybe I´m having a sit in the back row in class moment.

Does someone want to explain this to me.

we have
    red - high stiffness

green - medium stiffness

Blue reduced/less stiffness

or red reduced elasticity

green normal elasticity

blue increased elasticity

Now people with plantar fascia related problems get symptoms from increased tension within the plantar fascia- research has shown that the fascia will become thickened and less elastic .

But this research is saying as far as I can workout that the Fascia in those with symptoms is softer which I read as less stiff or more elastic .

Somebody help me out I don´t get it.

3. Mike:

This one doesn't make sense to me either....something isn't right here. It would be interesting to read the full paper and see how accurate ultrasound is at determining the tensile force within the plantar fascia during weightbearing activities.

4. I keep reading the abstract thinking no don´t get it.

Anyone have a full text copy ?

5. This experimental study does make sense to me.

6. That's what you would expect I agree increased stiffness in the symptomatic patients.

Tis a tangled web or the above study newsbot posted made a mess of things.

7. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    Gender-Related Effect of Aging on the Sonographic Appearance of Plantar Fascia
    Ju-Wen Cheng, Wen-Chung Tsai, and Tung-Yang, Yu
    Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain