Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Biomechanics of subtalar joint

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by gendel99, Apr 3, 2010.

1. gendel99

gendel99 Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello there!
    Dear colleagues! I search some information about biomechanics of the subtalar joint. Please help me with searching.

2. 1st :welcome::welcome: to Podiatry arena.

Gendel Your thread may not get many answers as it´s a huge topic and there is so much information at your finger tips you just have to look for it.

1st read these threads market STJ axis.

I suggest you go and read these and look for Journals papers there will be lots provided for you.

Once you have read it all come back with specific questions if you have any, Good luck you have 1000´s of hours reading ahead.

3. gendel99

gendel99 Active Member

Thank you very much.
    I am interest about biomechanics of STJ in context pediatric flexible flatfoot and developmental anatomy of the foot.

4. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

5. This may help.

Attached Files:

6. gendel99

gendel99 Active Member

Thanks to all!
    Who can give some modern information (about last 5 years) about biomechanics of STJ and developmental anatomy. I am very need in references.
    Best regards!

7. Griff

Griff Moderator

Gendel99,

This is obviously for an assignment - do they not teach you how to do a literature search at university nowadays? Or is it just easier to have others do it for you? Man I wish Pod Arena was around in my student days...

Despite that mini-rant, it is Easter bank holiday and I'm in a good mood after just having finished a particularly decent round of golf so I've attached one to get you started (and it's even 5 years old as requested)

Ian

Attached Files:

8. Why would you think that something that was published less than five years ago is better than something that was published more than 5 years ago?

Have you tried taking the time to type in a search into Google and doing the searching yourself?

When I was a student, we didn't have computers to search the internet. We went to the library, found the references from the library shelf, copied them on the copy machine at about 25 cents a page, and then read them. In the same amount of time now that it previously took me to find and copy the papers, I can now get the references and papers, and write half the paper.

What have you found on your own so far regarding your search on the biomechanics of the subtalar joint?

9. gendel99

gendel99 Active Member

I don't want to offend you, dear colleague. But highest certification commission in my country require references about last 5 years:bang:. Unfortunately my salary about 200$. One article in Elsevier costs 35$. According this, I can't take some modern information:D. I know that in west countries, universities have free excess to modern information. And I ask my colleagues in this forum for some information about this.
    Gennadiy K., MD, Belarus.

10. Gennadiy:

Steve Piazza's paper that Ian posted is the best paper on subtalar joint biomechanics published within the last five years. If you want access to all the papers I have written on subtalar joint axis biomechanics and other important papers on the subtalar joint, then e-mail me privately and I will give you the password for my website where I have all my papers, videos and interviews posted for download.

11. gendel99

gendel99 Active Member

Thanks to all! Kevin you is my Saviour! I am ashamed about situation with acsess to information in my country((

12. The lecture I am posting below on "Biomechanics of Subtalar Arthroereisis" is one I first gave in October 2009 in San Diego.I have also attached one of the illustrations I drew for the lecture which shows how the STJ arthroereisis implant has the potential to move the STJ axis into a more normal position in feet with medially deviated STJ axes by "resetting" the maximally pronated position of the STJ to a less pronated rotational position of the subtalar joint.

I thought that our new friend here on Podiatry Arena, Gennadiy Koshman, MD, from Grodno, Belarus, and many others following along, may appreciate this information.

Attached Files: