Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Peroneus brevis injury?

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by bartypb, Apr 18, 2014.

1. bartypb

bartypb Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,

I'm after some help with a patient( happens to be me!)

40 yr old male just started running after 3 yrs of sedentary lifestyle, only doing 4 miles 2xwk, no pain or discomfort whilst running, but next morning painful lateral ankle achey, bruise type pain with soft tissue odema and discreetly painful to palpate just under lateral malleolus and anterior slightly. Can also be painful when trying to heel raise on one leg in the same area.

Little difficult to assess myself I've been told in the past that I have true forefoot valgus, reduced eversion at subtalar joint - likely laterally deviated stj. I know there may not be enough info for diagnostics etc but just throwing it out there for ideas. I'll try and upload some photos of my highly supinated feet I've marked the area of pain, I have been asked many times whether I have any neurological problems and although never been tested I have no other problems?.

If anyone can give me some starting points to help I'd appreciate it, just of note I've knocked up a simple frelen insole with approx 4deg valgus posting to forefoot 5-2 met heads.

Thanks in advance

Bartypb
    ( marc barton) image.jpg

Ps not to sure how to upload photos so if they don't come out can someone give me a walk through ?

2. bartypb

bartypb Active Member

Think I've managed to upload view from rear!!

Thanks
    Bartypb

Attached Files: